5 3/4 qts finally

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
Well I've done 4 oil changes on my R3R and until today I had never been able to put the full load of oil in her. When Triumph did the 500 miles change they only put in 4 3/4 qts, I suspect that they didn't do all 3 drain plugs.

My best was 5 1/4 qts, maybe a little more. I had let it sit and drain for a while too, and still it was not the reccommended amount.

Today I'm getting her ready for the winter, :( washed her up good,:) started her up to warm up the engine, pulled into the garage and drained the oil.

So, I'm washing the SS today too and it's parked behind the Rocket, so I push the Rocket forward about 2 feet so I can close the garage door to avoid spraying on her.

The engine had been draining for at least 15 minutes as I moved around doing various things to get ready to wash the SS. I stood it up and rolled it forward and when I looked underneath there was a large puddle of oil where I moved it to, not where it was draining. I had the Rocket on a 6 ft x 8 ft tarp to catch the drippings., So I wiped up the oil and washed the car. Came back into the garage and checked under the Rocket and only a few drops. I decided to tilt the Rocket from side to side and a LOT of oil came out again. I did the side to side thing 3 times and each time more oil came out.

So if you are having difficulty getting the full 5 and 3/4 qts, try leaning the bike over left and right, you may find more oil as I did.

The last 3500 miles I used Motul 300V 15-50. I've got to say I was very impressed as to the film nature of the oil upon draining. Much better that the Castrol 10-40 I had used previously. When the Castrol came out, I thought it was totally trashed even after only 1500 miles. I like to change oil out a lot during the early hours on the motor. Someone on here said that the life of the Motul was 80 hrs, so if my average speed was 50, that would put the oil life at 70 hrs, I doubt my average was 50 though. So other than a slight graying of the oil, it was in good shape, judging by the consistancy.

Hoopla

My Rivco Center Stand sure does help when changing oil. I can drain all 3 plugs and the oil filter much more completely without having to move the bike around.

Well I've done 4 oil changes on my R3R and until today I had never been able to put the full load of oil in her. When Triumph did the 500 miles change they only put in 4 3/4 qts, I suspect that they didn't do all 3 drain plugs.

My best was 5 1/4 qts, maybe a little more. I had let it sit and drain for a while too, and still it was not the reccommended amount.

Today I'm getting her ready for the winter, :( washed her up good,:) started her up to warm up the engine, pulled into the garage and drained the oil.

So, I'm washing the SS today too and it's parked behind the Rocket, so I push the Rocket forward about 2 feet so I can close the garage door to avoid spraying on her.

The engine had been draining for at least 15 minutes as I moved around doing various things to get ready to wash the SS. I stood it up and rolled it forward and when I looked underneath there was a large puddle of oil where I moved it to, not where it was draining. I had the Rocket on a 6 ft x 8 ft tarp to catch the drippings., So I wiped up the oil and washed the car. Came back into the garage and checked under the Rocket and only a few drops. I decided to tilt the Rocket from side to side and a LOT of oil came out again. I did the side to side thing 3 times and each time more oil came out.

So if you are having difficulty getting the full 5 and 3/4 qts, try leaning the bike over left and right, you may find more oil as I did.

The last 3500 miles I used Motul 300V 15-50. I've got to say I was very impressed as to the film nature of the oil upon draining. Much better that the Castrol 10-40 I had used previously. When the Castrol came out, I thought it was totally trashed even after only 1500 miles. I like to change oil out a lot during the early hours on the motor. Someone on here said that the life of the Motul was 80 hrs, so if my average speed was 50, that would put the oil life at 70 hrs, I doubt my average was 50 though. So other than a slight graying of the oil, it was in good shape, judging by the consistancy.

Hoopla
I was told the life of the Motol 300v was 80 hrs - in race conditions more using normal riding conditions - I change my Motol 300v at 5,000 Klms.

Back