48 State Route Review

Thanks for posting this @R3Tex Morris.

On a side note, we will be hauling at a pretty clip and will have predetermined gas stops as well. I would suggest following us on the website for where we are at and then if you want to join for a stretch of road then meet us at one of the Memorial sites, that way we can meet/great while we do our documenting and not waste to much time getting back on the road.

Dave

All are welcome to ride some of it or all of it. The route lays out to take 13 days, but we are planning to use 15 days so that we have a couple of days in there for unforeseeable events on the road. So if we have a flat, mechanical issue, etc the actual days when we arrive at a given location may change a little bit. Best way to meet up with us is to check the Spotwalla map and see where we are. We are trying to keep the last day kinda short as I think there is going to be a little celebratory adult beverage consumption at the American Legion in Yorkville, IL when we are done...or at least that's the rumor anyway :D.
Yea if the celebrations don't work out at the Legion then we can always finish that part of it at one of the numerous watering holes in town...

Just FYI -
The .GPX opens with Google Earth Pro.
I displays locations, but does not show the road routes.
Perhaps do some Google Map plans in sections of the ride.
That would produce the detail everyone is after.

I was able to download the whole ride with memorial visits with Basecamp.
Basecamp opens Morris' posted file:

File size:
7.1 MB

What day will you arrive at 9-2 in Corvalis, OR and what day will you travel from there to 9-2 in Spokane, WA?

What day will you arrive at 9-2 in Corvalis, OR and what day will you travel from there to 9-2 in Spokane, WA?
9 is for day nine but I had to mess with base camp to get the sites per day, so most likely day nine or ten. Best bet is to follow along on the website to see where we stopped the day before. I will get pictures of each day posted with realistic mileage for each day to help with track planning.

Dave and Morris have a great ride. Just a reminder that with the northern leg run in late September that nights drop below freezing regularly. If really cold stop and buy snowmobile mittens. There are gauntlet type, full fingered glove or mittens with thumbs. Work really well. And heated socks too. They plug into to your 12V power sockets.

My brothers and I ride mid to late September for 3-4 days every year and we have had to scrape ice off the seats in the morning. And then it can warm up quickly to high 60's by mid-afternoon. Tough to dress appropriately for the entire day. Layer and peel as needed.

Great time to ride though. Crisp air, beautiful scenery and engine heat from the bike is welcomed.

9 is for day nine but I had to mess with base camp to get the sites per day, so most likely day nine or ten. Best bet is to follow along on the website to see where we stopped the day before. I will get pictures of each day posted with realistic mileage for each day to help with track planning.

How does this look for pictures, useful or not?

Gratitude!
Thinking of meeting you in Corvalis, OR and riding with to Spokane, WA.
Work schedule is pretty busy so I was just trying to get it into my calander ASAP.
Steve aka 1olbull

Back