2021 Rocket 3 Releasing In November. Looking for the differences

Not a fan of the new bike at all. Believe Triumph could have done a better job. If you like it great. For a 2500 it is a bit weak. Plus the lack of luggage space and the fact that it is overpriced does nothing for me at all. Like I said if you like it more power to you.
Bring a stock Rocket X and race my stock TFC. You’ll loose every race you can devise. If you have to build an old bike to beat a new one then then it proves the “weak” new one is stronger. Straight
line racing is only one type of race. The new bikes are better all around bikes. You talk about to much money for the new bikes. Count up all your modification costs and then compare money invested.

If you do not like the new ones then you may hold that opinion but from a purely objective point the old ones don’t win any category. After you finish your build find a fellow with a new bike and race them on video then we’ll see the true winner.

That is the major difference and thank you for pointing that out DrD. I can build and improve on the X. What can you do with the New model other than change tires. Just about every new bike you buy nowadays you are basically stuck with it. Sucks but that is the way every manufacture is going and not out of choice either. One of the strong points on buying the Rocket X over the Ducati at the time was the ability to add sufficient luggage for more than just a day trip. The new Rockets may be new and improved but they lack in storage room. I like to load up the bike and take a trip not load the bike on a trailer and take a trip.

That is the major difference and thank you for pointing that out DrD. I can build and improve on the X. What can you do with the New model other than change tires. Just about every new bike you buy nowadays you are basically stuck with it. Sucks but that is the way every manufacture is going and not out of choice either. One of the strong points on buying the Rocket X over the Ducati at the time was the ability to add sufficient luggage for more than just a day trip. The new Rockets may be new and improved but they lack in storage room. I like to load up the bike and take a trip not load the bike on a trailer and take a trip.

So if you're so disinterested in the new one, why do you keep coming in the forum for them and commenting? Sounds like some pretty heavy envy. Freedom road deny your application or something?

With regards to the original question: Received my Rocket 3r this Friday. It is a 2021 model according to the papers, but I could not find any obvious changes over the 2020 model I had ridden a few months ago.
..like i said...my vin numbers..according to Triumph ...say mines a 2021 model...but it will be registered as a 2020 model....hopefully this week...when i get it...(He said hopefully!):oops:

...FWIW...There will be a PCV created for the new Rocket im told...just hasnt been as yet. I understand that that is only ok for fueling ...fair enough.. but add a decent exhaust system...which im currently having made...a good tune via the pcv and im sure more horses will be born....not a huge amount but enuff to keep me happy....fingers crossed in anticipation.

...FWIW...There will be a PCV created for the new Rocket im told...just hasnt been as yet. I understand that that is only ok for fueling ...fair enough.. but add a decent exhaust system...which im currently having made...a good tune via the pcv and im sure more horses will be born....not a huge amount but enuff to keep me happy....fingers crossed in anticipation.
Nice im waoting on exhaust as well. What are you having made

Back