I had a longish test ride (and bought it, waiting for delivery). There wasn't much heat from the headers. But would need to wait and see how it does after a long ride.

It's not on the long rides that heat would be an issue, it's the slow, around town rides when there's not a lot of air flow that the heat might be an issue.

Wow just model gold paint, won't that just burn off because the exhaust gets so hot?
I was told that's why on exhaust it needs to be heat paint or ceramic not even powder coat will hold up
, So how does model paint hold up to heat won't it burn off eventually? But it does look good

not sure...i have Jardine's on my 2016 Roadster....i had them ceramic coated which helps with the heat i think...the only time i feel the heat is if i touch with my leg....not for long tho!
20191206_122327.jpg
Sweeeet

Wow just model gold paint, won't that just burn off because the exhaust gets so hot?
I was told that's why on exhaust it needs to be heat paint or ceramic not even powder coat will hold up
, So how does model paint hold up to heat won't it burn off eventually? But it does look good
..Dont have any problems with it burning off and have been on a few fast/ hot rides...if it looks a bit jaded i giver it another dose!...preventive maintenance:rolleyes:

Back