2016 Roadster TORS, Ram Air need tune

ChicagoRocket

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph Rocket 3 R Chrome Edition
Hey gang, I'm already running a Hans O tune but i'm getting a dip at 5400 RPM...i'm looking to try a new tune and see if I get the same problem...current setup is 16 Roadster with TORS and Ram Air...

Anybody have a tune I can try on Tune ECU for this setup? I have access to a local dyno for cheap and am hoping to get this sorted ASAP...could it possibly be the secondaries and will removing them help? Any thoughts?

Attached is my dyno from today AND my current tune...

Thanks!

pic.jpg picb.jpg

Hans' tune opens the secondaries 100% so you don't have to remove them. If you have access to a cheap dyno, install a PCV and have it dyno tuned.

Since the secondaries should be open in Hans' tune at the upper end, you could dyno tune it or look at some other tunes with more fuel in the F tables than Hans' and use those values, but only in the area of the F tables where the secondaries were closed on the stock tune. This involves applying trims to that part of the tables. You could start hy adding 10% and increasing it incrementally.

Is that dyno chart based on Hans' tune?

Last edited:
Well, I see a dip at 5,700 not 5,400 and that is only 900 rpm below the stock redline? I seriously doubt that you would have known about it without the dyno, so you are essentially trying to fine tune a "chart". I don't think you can expect to get any better lines by randomly putting in different tunes even if you had a stack of them? As others have said, to get any better you'll have to either find a dyno "tuner" not a dyno "operator", and they will more than likely require you to have a power commander 5 installed in order for them to fine tune the "chart"

Also, I think it's pretty common for the lines to show some diversions after the peak of the curve. The ones that would be noticeable and worth concentrating on are the ones that occur on the way up the slope, and you don't have any. Just saying, your chart looks pretty good to me.

Thanks! I feel pretty good about it too, just wanna make sure the bike is making good power considering it's mods.
Did you notice that the correction on your dyno chart is SAE? A lot of tuners report in STD. These are corrections to a standard temperature, pressure, and relative humidity. STD is up to 4% higher, which is why tuners report it. I still think you're missing some HP at the high end, although your peak torque at 3000 rpm is OK.

Did you notice that the correction on your dyno chart is SAE? A lot of tuners report in STD. These are corrections to a standard temperature, pressure, and relative humidity. STD is up to 4% higher, which is why tuners report it. I still think you're missing some HP at the high end, although your peak torque at 3000 rpm is OK.

I'm curious, STD in aviation means 59 degrees F., 29.92 in/Hg, and sea level.

What is SAE?

Back