jjerdonjr

Commander Road Rash
Ride
2003 Suzuki Intrude 1500 & 2009 Suzuki C109RT
I'm looking at purchasing a 2014 R3T and was wondering if anybody had any issues with the electrical system transmission or anything else that I should be aware of before purchasing this bike?
Any and all information or suggestions would be helpful and appreciated, thank you.

Not to many issues with the late model touring’s I say go for it you’ll love it!!
By the way welcome!!

Not to many issues with the late model touring’s I say go for it you’ll love it!!
By the way welcome!!
Thank you, I had a 76 Bonneville which was an electrical nightmare. I've been looking around on the internet and seeing issues with 08 and other years but nothing specific to the 2014 and that's when I came across this forum. Glad to be here and hopefully have the bike this weekend unless I get info here that changes my mind.

Since that is the bike I have, I'll say it's the best bike -- depending, as always, on the condition of the one on which you have your eye.

The OEM mapping on the motor makes for significantly less stress on it. The other items are just consumables, and the soft parts.

The two side covers are poorly designed, and will come off at the first opportunity, and best the first thing you do is attach them with supplemental zip ties, as added retention should they pop off.

Of course the Touring was supplied with sidesaddles, pillion and backrest, tiny rear rack, quick detach windshield, and a pair of touring lights. Those should all be present.

Since that is the bike I have, I'll say it's the best bike -- depending, as always, on the condition of the one on which you have your eye.

The OEM mapping on the motor makes for significantly less stress on it. The other items are just consumables, and the soft parts.

The two side covers are poorly designed, and will come off at the first opportunity, and best the first thing you do is attach them with supplemental zip ties, as added retention should they pop off.

Of course the Touring was supplied with sidesaddles, pillion and backrest, tiny rear rack, quick detach windshield, and a pair of touring lights. Those should all be present.
Thank you for your reply, The bike has 34K on it and everything appears to be present.
I ride in the winter and have heated gear that would be hooked up to it along with power ports for cell, GPS, etc...
My Suzuki Intrude never gave me any issues but the T3R has been on my wish list since the day they hit the showroom floor.
Just wanting some first hand opinions.
I thank you all that reply.

No issues with my 2015 Touring. I extended my battery tender cable to the handlebars and Battery tender makes a usb adapter. Great mod.

A few simple accessories and you are good to go. I have most of my mods listed in the media area here.

@Joesmoe you never told me about the side covers. Guess I need to get out the tie wraps.

No issues with my 2015 Touring. I extended my battery tender cable to the handlebars and Battery tender makes a usb adapter. Great mod.

A few simple accessories and you are good to go. I have most of my mods listed in the media area here.

@Joesmoe you never told me about the side covers. Guess I need to get out the tie wraps.

Thank you.

If you don’t clip them in just right they will blow off.

When I got my girl she had 8 miles on her ('14 R3T). No organic issues other than the side-covers already mentioned. I used black RTV to hold the grommets in place and haven't had an problem since. If you have the heated grips (an optional accessory) just be sure to NEVER crank her fully wide-open or you'll be on the side of the road within 50 miles as the grip mount point cracks/tears... don't ask how I know ;) Rumor has the theory was validated a second time... just to be sure that was the cause... ;-p Other than accessories, my only mods are D&D slip-ons and and the tune to go with it. A battery tender is must have IMHO.

Let us now if you get her! ...and show photos.

-MIG

Back