As I understand it, Triumph detuned the tour model in order to get the most torque at the lowest rpm. They claim 150ft/lb at 2500 rpm. A tuner here recently perfected his bike and posted the hp/torque numbers. What I remember was something like 4600rpm to get 150ft/lb and it maxed out at 185ft/lb at 5360 rpm. After that, his hp climbed to well over 200 but torque was falling.

No, I don't want to do wheelies but I would like a bit more sound and if I can performance without destroying the torque curve.

I have no idea if I am at 150 ft/lbs of torque, or what my HP is, , but I can tell you even at the low end this thing pulls like a truck, and 5th gear passing, I don't usually have to gear down (unless I want to make a statement), just twist and go, i don't think i lost anything with the upgrades, but i'm pretty sure i gained. I hooked this thing up to a Honda CRV, it wouldn't start and had to be moved out of the way, and the bike pulled it without a lot of effort, I have one of the Garmins that hooks up to a Garmin blue tooth unit that connects to the OBDII port, so I can see what the bike is doing, and the engine load got up to 80% for 15 seconds and then dropped right down once it got going. I have tried many times to put a good load on the engine, and that is the highest it has ever gotten. Then engine load on these bikes (or at least mine) even when pushing it hard never goes above 30%.

Just one word of advise, if you attend an RAA, don't race Steel, it won't end well, but you will get a nice view of the back of his bike

Good example is I40 westbound in NM. I rode once ther for a full hour at a flat 90mph on a victory vision.

If you ever get to do some real exploring in the SW of our country, I can tell you the great routes to consider.
just what are you ever talking about in SW part of this country are you talking about?

I have no idea if I am at 150 ft/lbs of torque, or what my HP is, , but I can tell you even at the low end this thing pulls like a truck, and 5th gear passing, I don't usually have to gear down (unless I want to make a statement), just twist and go, i don't think i lost anything with the upgrades, but i'm pretty sure i gained. I hooked this thing up to a Honda CRV, it wouldn't start and had to be moved out of the way, and the bike pulled it without a lot of effort, I have one of the Garmins that hooks up to a Garmin blue tooth unit that connects to the OBDII port, so I can see what the bike is doing, and the engine load got up to 80% for 15 seconds and then dropped right down once it got going. I have tried many times to put a good load on the engine, and that is the highest it has ever gotten. Then engine load on these bikes (or at least mine) even when pushing it hard never goes above 30%.

Just one word of advise, if you attend an RAA, don't race Steel, it won't end well, but you will get a nice view of the back of his bike
Lol. I won't be racing anybody but I sure would like to attend a roundup and meet a lot of other Rocket owners. I value halls advice. Thanks. I am sure I will have more questions.

If you don’t clip them in just right they will blow off.
I put a dab of silicone on the side cover posts and then install. Once the silicone dries i find it holds the covers perfectly and it takes a bit to get them off again. Easy clean up and repeat when you have to remove the covers.

Back