Looks like I have to go in. She is now popping out and in of second, under throttle. I am gonna baby her until I get back from Stearns. If you go real easy on second, it will stay in. Any heavy throttle and it pops out and in. I will drop sump as well.

Most definitely sounds like the detent spring

Sorry all I know it's been a while i have the motor out and upside down. I just realized there is a special tool that I need to remove the lower crank case I could've easily figured this out by reading forums here.... (silly me) so the project is stalled again. Does anyone by chance have the tool required to remove the fly wheel part number is T3880200. Any help is appreciated!

UPDATE: with all the help received here i have this motor on a table and am waiting for the tool to remove the alternator. then I'm ready to see what she looks like all opened up :) In the meantime, my neighbor broke off what I believe to be a sensor (pics below) from the upper case rear side just below the valve cover. Anyone know the PN? I can't find it in the manual. My guess is T1210504.. also, should I replace all of the main bolts?(X8) or can they be reused, service manual didn't specify

Attachments

• 20180502_042435.jpg
    20180502_042435.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20180502_042420.jpg
    20180502_042420.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 6
UPDATE: with all the help received here i have this motor on a table and am waiting for the tool to remove the alternator. then I'm ready to see what she looks like all opened up :) In the meantime, my neighbor broke off what I believe to be a sensor (pics below) from the upper case rear side just below the valve cover. Anyone know the PN? I can't find it in the manual. My guess is T1210504.. also, should I replace all of the main bolts?(X8) or can they be reused, service manual didn't specify
Looks Like The Oil Pressure switch rear of the head always remove it first before removing the engine or the head from the engine while in the bike. It hits the cross piece on the frame and snap :)

the oil pressure is at the back of eng near the top.
as a guess i think it is in the rear of cyl. head

You might find the new one will have rhe threads pre coated. 8 main ladder bolts can be reused. There is on bolt in front the hides unless you have already pulled the oil pressure pump.

Back