2007 R3 odometer problem

Joseph James

.020 Over
Ride
2000 Thunderbird, 1200 Daytona SE
Hello everyone.

My R3 odometer read 7,250 when I stopped to get gas and then read 1,7250 when I turned the key back on. Any ideas why I gained 10,000 miles sitting still? Is there away to correct this?

Thanks,Joe

Hello everyone.

My R3 odometer read 7,250 when I stopped to get gas and then read 1,7250 when I turned the key back on. Any ideas why I gained 10,000 miles sitting still? Is there away to correct this?

Thanks,Joe
I think you posted this on FB too. I saw this and had know idea why this would happen. Hopefully someone here will have an idea. Reach out to Hanso or Warp 9 perhaps they will know.

Hello everyone.

Thanks,Joe
bet you got pretty good gas milesge

Can't see how that is possible
It maybe switched to reading km - however even that number would be high - 7250 miles is 11,668 km

Over a 500% error but not to worry I believe you will get it fixed as soon as the gauge fails completely and you have to change it. Sorry for the humor but over the years the only fix for a faulty gauge is to replace them and even used ones seem a wee bit pricey. Oh and since yours is a 07 you can use any gauges 09 Classic or Standard or older only other difference is the early years had a two tone bezel face on the gauges. Also you could look towards a after market one but a used OEM one will be the easiest.

Can't see how that is possible
It maybe switched to reading km - however even that number would be high - 7250 miles is 11,668 km

I've got a 2006 Classic and ive got a similar reading issue although mine intermittently stops, the trip constantly returning to zero

I've got a 2006 Classic and ive got a similar reading issue although mine intermittently stops, the trip constantly returning to zero

Yep, that's the way it starts. Had I listened to @STRIPES, I would have saved myself a couple of days of troubleshooting. New or gently used replacement is the only cure.

Back