1st Round of Powder Coat

Ok I went and took a couple of pics of the bracket as it is installed. I may have overstate how far to bend, there should be about 1 inch of space between the bottom of the gauge bracket and the tank, this will give room for parallel vertical bars without hitting the tank or the gauges.
20160202_162025.jpg
20160202_162036.jpg

OK as requested I took some shots of the finalized positioning of the over oversized setup on my roadster.

Bars **** near parallel to forks:
20160203_082623.jpg

View sitting on the bike:
20160203_082539.jpg

Full left and right lock clearance:
20160203_082551.jpg

20160203_082600.jpg

Finally, gauge clearance which is the same on both sides:

20160203_082635.jpg

No lifty the tank???
Looks like those lifted instruments interfere?

They would interfere if you tried to life the tank without removing the instruments. As they sit, there is no interference with anything, it fits perfectly.

To clarify, the instruments are lower than stock, not lifted.

Honestly, I don't lift my tank often, I think this is the ....?3rd? time in 14 months or so.

One step forward two steps back. I replaced as many books as I could with black bolts special ordered from England. Unfortunately within 72 hours those bolts have already started to rust. So it would appear that in order to have fasteners which don't trust I have to source some black zinc coated fasteners.

On a plus note I found a really easy way to modify the Thunder bike bracket for the new bars. Install it as you think you should with the front wheel straight in alignment with the bike. Then press down on the gauges towards the tank until there's about one half to three-quarters of an inch gap. Carefully check the clearance by turning the front wheel full left and full right. If you did it right the bent bracket is now a straight and it fits flawlessly, allowing for the bar vertical bar to align with the fork leg angle. Nice cheap 30 second free fix!

That sucks about the cheeep arse black bolts from England they must have came from Southern England the Northerners would produce a better product:D please share your source when you find a better quality product.

Thanks for your response.
Are the instruments then just moved rearward?
I'm frequently under my tank adding/changing/improving connections for mods.
I do like your bars, can you give height and pullback specs?

This is from the website, I don't have a good means to measure it myself.

190mm rise and 160mm pullback.
Width of bars is approx 820mm not including bar end weights.

Back