1st Round of Powder Coat

There are two part numbers, one uses M5 bolts other is M6, but the mirrors look the same. The Street Triple set is the M5 (wont bolt straight to Thunerbike or Stock Rocket bars), Speed Triple part is M6, should bolt straight up :p

I bought the street mirrors, nothing a new bolt and a little work with a drill wont fix though.

So I consolidated a list of bolts that are visible, there are some missing, but this would cover the vast majority of the silver colored fasteners on the Rocket if you want to replace them :p I ordered a bunch of black finished aluminum for the non-load bearing locations, and Titanium with DLC (black), for the load bearing parts. Don't try to do all of them in Titanium...it's more than $1200.00 for the full deal in titanium.

For those who are unaware, here is a quote from TIKORE about fastener strengths to help you decide what metal to put where if you should decide to replace the corrosion prone stock bolts:

////QUOTE
TITANIUM FACTS
Comparison of Grade 5 & 8 Steel vs 7075 Aluminum vs Grade 5 Titanium

Grade 5 Alloy Steel (commonly used on automobiles for lug nut and lug bolt applications)
Yield Strength: 92,000psi
Ultimate Tensile Strength: 120,000psi
Shear Strength: 72,000psi
Density: .284 lb/in^3

Grade 8 Alloy Steel (used for lug nuts and lug bolts in high strength applications):
Yield Strength: 130,000 psi
Ultimate Tensile Strength: 150,000psi
Shear Strength: 90,000psi
Density: .284 lb/in^3

7075 Aluminum (the material Pro-bolt.com uses) (used on various automobiles for lug nut and lug bolt applications):
Yield Strength: 73,000psi
Ultimate Tensile Strength: 83,000psi
Shear Strength: 48,000psi
Density: .102 lb/in^3

Grade 5 6AL-4V Titanium (the material Pro-bolt.com uses) (Tikore's preferred material):
Yield Strength: 128,000psi
Ultimate Tensile Strength: 138,000psi
Shear Strength: 79,800psi
Density: .160 lb/in^3

Additional note: Titanium has an extremely high resistance to corrosion.

As presented above, titanium bolts/nuts have a strength that is very comparable to grade 8 steel bolts/nuts that are used in high strength applications. Furthermore, based on the density figure above grade 5 titanium is 45% lighter than steel components.

/////END QUOTE

for those curious:

316 Stainless Steel
Yield Strength: 50,000psi
Ultimate Tensile Strength: 90,000psi
Shear Strength: 74,000 - 82,000psi
Density: .290 lb/in^3

Rocket Bolts.jpg

I got some (really bad) night time pics, bike is F I L T H Y, sorry, too tired for a wash tonight. There is still more to do, but at least I can ride it now. Still waiting on flat black fly screen kit, heat shields, some Titanium bolts, need to get crash bars on etc. Just desperate to get a day of riding in! Can't seem to find that **** rear fender trim piece anywhere on the right side lol.

20160208_190759.jpg

20160208_190917.jpg

Last edited:
TLDR: 10/10 love the Thunderbike bars, would recommend, would buy again.

Got my first ride on with the new bars fit. I am not exadurating when I say it was like bolting on power steering. The bar effort required for initiating turns is vastly reduced, I think it's a combination of being wider than my other bars, the pullback is greater so bars are close to me, and the angle of my hands is better.

Low speed maneuvers are really easy, easier than I remember stock bars being. High speed felt great.

At 6 foot 2 inches, the position they put me is a true standard position, almost sitting straight up, but with the slightest forward lean. My arms are long enough that if I reach out, I can recline a bit, so my Utopia backrest should work out well when it arrives.

On the way to work waiting to make a right turn, some random yelled "Nice bike" as they drove by, great way to start the day!

BigKel,
Somewhat funny that you posted that pic. Right before I saw it I had purchased the Triumph branded bar-end mirrors like those, originally intended for a Street Triple. They are not a "bolt on" affair, they need some working over so don't anyone go out and buy them.

Exhaust should be back tomorrow afternoon and I got my torque wrench and tools in the mail to do the engine bars, so, hopefully I'll have full assembled and washed pics tomorrow night.

The finishing touches though, won't be here for another week or so. I found the right bolts to use that won't ever have corrosion issues and are deep black. Grade 5 Titanium Fasteners with DLC applied... lol talk about bike jewelry, if diamond coated titanium fasteners doesn't apply I don't know what does!

Pro-Bolt is looking into assembling a trim and engine kit for me using Ti with DLC applied, it will be expensive, but I will literally never have to worry about corrosion of bolts/nuts again. If/when they end up getting a kit assembled I'll ask them about throwing it up on the website for people to order.

Excellent idea for an engine bolt kit! I was on Diamond bolt and Alloy Boltz sites looking for a kit and none to be found. Keep me posted. By the way bike looks awesome!!! Like the way the white wall in the tire looks with the white racing stripes...good eye for detail!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Waiting on word from Wilbers-USA for some Nite Line 642 in 14" length and a set of their fork springs.

Got my Saco hoses in today, here is what you get for your money. Blue is very much not my first choice, but, it's what was in stock. Notice where my finger points, there is a slight flare to the hose:
20160216_202532.jpg
20160216_202541.jpg

1455690561477-1032239225.jpg

Back