10-12 May 2019 RAT rally in Bateman's Bay NSW organised by Triumph Australia

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
Batemans Bay RAT May 10 at 8 AM – May 12 at 11 AM

The Triumph Australia national RAT Rally is an event that brings together Triumph riders and enthusiasts to experience new models, epic rides and exclusive immersion in the Triumph Brand. This year, we're excited to announce the 2019 Triumph Rat Rally will be held in beautiful Batemans Bay, New South Wales.

The Triumph RAT Rally is a great way to see our new range including the Street Twin, Scrambler 1200 and Speed Twin, test ride the range of all our new models, partake in informative seminars on servicing and new tech, plus meet other like-minded Triumph owners while enjoying guided rides on your Triumph in the stunning surrounds and winding roads of Batemans Bay.

You will also receive a RAT gift pack and access to discounted Genuine Triumph Merchandise. Plus there'll be a photographer and pinstriper on site and at night you can relax to some live entertainment and delicious group dinners.

To ensure the best experience for guests and access to the demo bikes and activities, tickets are limited for this year’s event so book now to avoid disappointment.

To read more about the event and purchase tickets, follow this link

www.eventbrite.com.au/e/triumph-rat-rally-2019-tickets-54902790725

Official blurb posted on FB. You can almost see why @HansO lives there! May is a great time too all the 1000's Canberra and Sydney people have dissappeared after summer!;):D:cool:

This year’s event will be held at the Coachhouse Marina Resort in Bateman’s Bay with some discounted cabins available. Formal activities after registration will kick off at midday on Friday May 10.

The Bateman’s Bay Beach Resort has also partnered with us to offer discounted cabin and camping accommodation and is just 3 minutes down the road. Please note that all meals provided will be at the Coachhouse Marina Resort.

Booking details below:

The Coachhouse Marina Resort
Cabin Accommodation
PH 02 4472 43 92
Contact: Madelyn or Christine for discounted rates – mention you’re attending the Triumph RAT Rally. Booking must be made over the phone.

Bateman’s Bay Beach Resort
Cabin and Camp Site Accommodation
PH 02 4472 4541
Contact: Lara Berryman for discounted rates – mention you’re attending the Triumph RAT Rally. Booking must be made over the phone.

We're just about to open up ticket sales so please indicate where you’re likely to stay in the ticket purchase process so we can coordinate our activities.

Batemans RAT 1.jpg
Batemans RAT 2.jpg
Batemans RAT 3.jpg

Batemans Bay RAT May 10 at 8 AM – May 12 at 11 AM

The Triumph Australia national RAT Rally is an event that brings together Triumph riders and enthusiasts to experience new models, epic rides and exclusive immersion in the Triumph Brand. This year, we're excited to announce the 2019 Triumph Rat Rally will be held in beautiful Batemans Bay, New South Wales.

The Triumph RAT Rally is a great way to see our new range including the Street Twin, Scrambler 1200 and Speed Twin, test ride the range of all our new models, partake in informative seminars on servicing and new tech, plus meet other like-minded Triumph owners while enjoying guided rides on your Triumph in the stunning surrounds and winding roads of Batemans Bay.

You will also receive a RAT gift pack and access to discounted Genuine Triumph Merchandise. Plus there'll be a photographer and pinstriper on site and at night you can relax to some live entertainment and delicious group dinners.

To ensure the best experience for guests and access to the demo bikes and activities, tickets are limited for this year’s event so book now to avoid disappointment.

To read more about the event and purchase tickets, follow this link

www.eventbrite.com.au/e/triumph-rat-rally-2019-tickets-54902790725

Yes
@HansO just FB'ed me about it

I just paid my ticket $165 and booked my accommodation with my hero. Thanks @HansO ;):D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

@Longrider , @Turk and @The Kiwi are likely starters too - who else?

Coming from Adelaide this year? @Tedmick

I've bought my ticket and booked my accommodation. Will see you there!!! Looking forward to it.

Well Ted did not get to make it due to wrist ligament strain from other dangerous pursuits a week before. Luckily he was able to cancel all his accomadation etc.:(:notworthy:

@HansO and myself had a great time and met some great folks. I caught up with Richard @CanberraR3 who was hoping to take the show and shine with his lovely 1200 Thruxton. Longest ride distance of attendees was about 1700 km but plenty did well over a 1000 to attend. Not me or HansO though, he only went 8 km.;):D

I will leave any more confessions to others.;):D

I had a pleasant 4 day w/e though enjoying Han's and Ann's company and the RAT event with about 30 demo's flogged hard all weeki end.

Short but damp ride down 135 km and then glorious autumn weather on the 500 km route home today.
Batemans Bay, NSW - Aussie Towns
HansO lives about a km from where this fella is standing.near a more scenic part of the Bay area. From above HansO

And yes I did dip me pinky's in the briny.;)
BatemansBay06A.jpg

Tomakin Beach about 10km South of Batemans bay

I detoured to Bermagui which I had not visited for 45 years
Bermagui, NSW - Aussie Towns
IMG_4748A.jpg

and Tathra with its high wooden wharf. Tathra, NSW - Aussie Towns
It is a heritage listed old wooden wharf now famed for catching big pelagic fish that make runs up the deep water bay.
Until the late 1940s - early 1950s the major form of transportation along the New South Wales South Coast was ferry and passenger steamer. There was a daisy chain of reliable all weather wharves where the ships would berth, deliver and pick up goods and passengers, before sailing further up or down the coast. Tathra is now historically significant because it is the only one of the original coastal steamer wharves remaining. It is a reminder of a time when the sea was the main transport highway up and down the South Coast.

I as fortunate to have a whale come to visit 300-400 metres from the wharf in my 20-30 minutes there and saw a fish caught. OK it was tiddler but what the heck. The big warehouse building above the wharf, now a small kiosk and cafe. This tock photo could ewasily have been taken today with about 6 of us there.

Tathra03A.jpg

SCT03-TathraWharf1.jpg

Then up the Brown Mountain through Bemboka Bemboka, NSW - Aussie Towns over
the Monaro High Plains to Cooma with a detour to Bombala for lunch. Steep winding climb up Brown Mountain's thick rainforest with Piper's Lookout near the top.

Pipers lookout on the Brown mountain climb looking East over the coast 3-4000' below.
Pipers lookout | NSW National Parks
pipers-lookout-01.jpg

Bombala, NSW - Aussie Towns
Bombala River through town was a lolt like this today in late autumn colors here now.
Bombala07A.jpg

I have been meaning to visit all three spots for years. I have to say I was stunned by the fabulous beauty and incredible differences and landscapes I traipsed through on my ride home today.

For @1olbull and all you others planning visits to Oz. This may help your planning or provide an idea of what the places you will pass may have to offer.

A-Z of Australian Towns - Aussie Towns

The only blot was coming across a serious single light SUV rollover that had just occurred a minute or two before about 35 Km South of Cooma. Upside down in a ditch and steam everywhere. Two vehicles had stopped to assist and there was a bunch of traffic just pulling up on that side of the road. So I continued on and was surprised that I arrived at Cooma 25 minutes later just as two H'way Road Patrol headed out that way under lights. Seemed a slow dispatch and I passed no ambulance either so hopefully that was a good sign.

upload_2019-5-13_23-2-39.png

Last edited:
Back