07 Classic Wont Idle

escapingoth

Standard Bore
I cant get me bike to idle. It will start if I hold the throttle open a bit but will die as soon as I let go. It was doing it when it was hot and now the bike has been sitting for a few days it still won't idle.
16,000 miles D&D's with Tuneboy tune. Nothing new has been done on it.
Hopefully someone has had this same problem, I have read about the other idle issues but can't find anything the same.
I have pulled apart the wire connectors under the tank but all looks good.
Thanks

The 12 min tune might help if the power was interupted long enough for it to forget how to idle. Just like an 80's chevy, keep it running long enough for the fan to cycle, see if it will idle on it's own after that and start the clock for 12 min. Stranger things have happened. :eek:
It's worth trying and it's FREE.

Thank you for replying.
Just tried it. Wouldn't stay running when I let go of the throttle. Even tried keeping the throttle open at the normal idle for 12 mins after the fan came on. Started after and wouldn't stay running.

Well, worth the try .... sounds like you lost the TPS signal or vacuum line came unplugged .... something drastic. Very well may need a qualified tech to start from scratch. This would be a good situation for the "freeware" or Tuneboy to plug in so one could start checking signal inputs and readings. I wouldn't recomend spelunking around without one at this point though.

Check your vacuum lines...

the techs knocked one of mine loose and it wouldn't idle for **** but when the throttle was wide open it ran just fine.

Well, I checked the vacuum lines and the electrical connections and all appears good.
Uploaded my old tune as well as a stock tune. As well as putting a new tune with a high rpm and no difference.
Tried downloading latest tuneboy, but couldn't as file corrupted.
Checked continuity and resistance of stepper and harness as per manual and all appears good.

Back