Worldwide High Mileage Rocket 50K & 100K Club Listing

tribal

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III & 2015 Rocket III Roadster
I scoured r3owners threads since 2015 and FaceBook sites for data on high mileage Rocket III's with greater than 50,000 miles or 80,500 Kilometers and drafted the chart below.

Some of the dates are OLD so hopefully they've been ridden a lot since the last posting.

If not or you have updated info please post it and I'll update this master list.

If you prefer to be anonymous/private let me know and I'll remove your name.

NOTE: The mileage listed is in Miles and I made the conversion from Kilometers where necessary.

Only major component failures will be listed as Issues, not standard wear & tear items. If you have the mileage they occured it can be included.

Triumph Rocket III Model years 2004-2018.

V2.4 Updated 5/25/2020 ********The next release will be at the end of the Summer*********
A few adds and a few updates this Spring but not much action due to this G-****ed Virus.

The total is ONLY 95 R3's over 50,000 miles (80,500km) of approximately 29,800 sold so I'm missing quite a few.

Speak up, don't be shy.

I know there are many in OZ that are missing... Maybe I can ask on RDU...

Triumph Rocket III 100K Club V2.4.jpg

Triumph Rocket III 50K Club V2.4-1.jpg

Triumph Rocket III 50K Club V2.4-2.jpg

Almost there:

Close​
Canada​
RIII​
49,500​
05/14/20​
Jean-christophe Girardey​
Close​
USA​
2016​
RIII​
Roadster​
45,000​
05/17/20​
Carl Barrett Jr.​
third gearbox​

I also created this chart today that graphs the potential Total Miles a Rocket could have in 2019
based on average Miles per Year.

I.E. A 2004 R3 would have had 16 riding years. At 10,000/yr it COULD have 160,000 miles.

You can also calculate your average miles/year by finding your bikes born-on date on the right,
follow the corresponding line to the left & down until you reach the total mileage (left axis) and drop to the bottom axis for the average.

I started at an average of 2,000/year because if you aren't riding it that much you should sell it or give it away to some Rocket-deprived sod!

Let me know if this is useful, can be improved, wasted your time etc...

2019 Potential Total Miles Chart - 16yrs.jpg

Last edited:

tribal

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III & 2015 Rocket III Roadster
I don't see my '08 R3T on the list. She is at 106,873. Three detent springs, TPS, front wheel bearings. She is currently undergoing stator replacement surgery, but she will be back on the road.

Yeah, our first Touring model in the 100K level!

@tribal I am soooooooo impressed that you've done this !

This puts you in the same hallowed category as librarians, who sustain our civilization with their knowledge management.

Thank you !

Blush!

Thank you, glad to do it.
As mentioned in my PM I used to maintain it on the decommissioned r3owners many years ago when the list was very short.

I fixed the born on date on Sonny's X I missed before.