Working on custom Tuneboy map

talltxguy

Supercharged
AF1 Racing in New Braunfels, Texas, had my bike for the past week, creating a custom map using Tuneboy and a dyno. I am running triple 2780s with Jardines and no secondaries. Apparently, the power caught up with the clutch because he had to stop the tuning process early. He had gotten about 8 hours into the bike when clutch slippage was too much.

I'm gonna replace the clutch with a Barnet asap.

Some things to mention...
The tuner said that the bike would not stay in open loop even though he lowered all of the A/F values below 14.5. He said I would need an 02 simulator from a PC III to keep it in open loop. Not sure if I'm gonna go that route, but I am leaning in that direction.

I didn't push things past about 1/4 throttle on the way home except to see how bad the clutch was at one point. The bike definitely feels smoother on both accelerating and decelerating. My fuel light didn't go off until 115 miles, and it usually goes off around 90. No doubt some of that great mileage was due to me driving like a granny.

He lowered the idle to 650 and made some ignition mods. He said the map still needs some work though, especially at the high end of things.

I will post a dyno chart when it's all said and done.

Sorry to hear about the clutch, that sucks.

The O2 issue would be a good question for Wayne from Tuneboy.

You should be able to buy a O2 sensor eliminator separately from dynojet. They offer them separately for several other bikes.

Did you get any positive results so far? And what did they think of Tuneboy?

The bike ran smooth but began slipping if I got on it. I'll just have to let ya know the full details of how good, average, or poor it is once I get a new clutch.

The tuner dude is into Tuneboy and knows about it, but this was his first Rocket; so he had a few things to learn, as he said. He put 8 hours into it but only charged me 4 hours, claiming 4 of those hours were a learning curve.

He mentioned that the bike did pick up around 9 ft-pounds in the mid RPM range; of course, I didn't get a chance to investigate that due to the crappy clutch. Needless to say, I'm very excited to get on this baby and feel the power.

He said he'll be tuning a supercharged Rocket next week - the owner lives in Dallas.

Sorry about the sketchy details. I'll have more information once this clutch is fixed.

hey tall, my clutch with only 1800 miles started slipping when we did about an hours worth of dyno time. post up where you end up getting the barrnett clutch from, i know i'll have to do it before any real dyno time.
sam

The O2 sensor simulator is a generic thing... you can buy them from JEGS or Summit (Car parts suppliers) and you may even be able to get one locally at a auto parts store or speed shop. They are used in the Hot Rod and Ricer worlds to keep the check engine light off when you throw away the catalytic convertors and put on a custom exhaust.

Talltxguy&Travelguy

Tg&Tg,Did u guys ever decide which way to face the K&Ns?I can spin mine to any position riding down the road.I'am sure it won't matter much.But I don't wanta be left out on the latest and greatest. Jack &Coke

forgot

Oh forgot, DAM HOT RODDERS, Te HE. Why are we trying to get more power anyways.Just came back from a great ride,70 degs.Bikes all oner the place.Mostly Davidleeharleysons,and they pull up next to me and look give the thumbs up but won't race. Thinking about a disguising spike..How about Indian Chief fenders. Would that confuse them or what. JP cycles has them on sale..Waddya think. Jack Dare me, Dare me,

I posted a pic of how my triples are set up, and I set them up like that because I like the way they look. From what I understand, the guys with full bearclaws only have one way of arranging the filters? Help me out there Pig9r...

Yes the last one has to be turned to an angle slightly to get the rear mount of the claw cover to fit properly.

This is TTG's photo......

I made some different sizes spacers to hold the back side of the clawcover out some but didn't like the look when look down at it from the riders position. I have since relocated the coolant overflow and am working on hacking a claw cover up. Travelguy has provided some inspiration also. However I think the with the triple filter set up there is still quite a bit of air that gets up to the filters since they sit at the bottom of the claw cover.

K&ns

Thanks pigger.Talltx,I like that,they'er pretty tight like that eh.Was thinking about a long oval plate setting on top to kinda connect them together.Mabey thin polished alum.But if they are stagered in hight that probably won't work.Back to the drawing board. Jack % coke

Back