Wont turn over

get on the bike put it in gear flip up the sidestand pull in the clutch try starting it now

if it starts its dirty contacts on the gear position switch ,give the brass contacts and plunger a clean up refit the switch by putting in neutral and rotating till the green light lights up now nip up the retaining bolts and all will be well

it could also be bad contact on switch on handelbar ? I have not done the EB on headlights . my only isue with ignition switch was wire pulled off cause harnes to short wen bars turned side to side it pulled on harness I moved switch after fixing it and did remote ignition from IDK but mostly just use key anyway

Had that happen on my Trophy 1200 once. But then discovered the kill switch was in the kill position (must have happened when I got off the bike because I never use that switch for anything other than OEM decoration). If it's engaged the lights come on, the gauges don't sweep, and when you push the start button, nada (not even a perfunctory click). Just a thought.

There's a good pictorial on the site under the title Ignition Switch Forensic; Mine would start or click or do nothing - the position of the handle bars affected the contact tension on a nearly burned off ignition wire contact. Try the key while moving the bars left/right to see if it changes your symptom (or check the switch - it's happened to several of us here.

And it can't be emphasized enough that you should have a headlight bypass relay kit such as the Eastern Beaver kit. You're only asking for more trouble if you don't.

Amen! If you do replace the ignition switch, put this on Before you start using the new switch. I did and been good ever since.

Back