Widow maker journey to the 200hp club

I have a question about the cams you are buying. If they work well at stock compression will they be well suited to higher compression? My understanding is some cams actually require more compression to work well. I don’t think you’ll get 200+ hp until you add compression. I could be wrong but in all the bike builds I have done it was the bump in compression with a matched cam that really made the difference. JMO

I understand doing it in stages but the whole system needs to be considered for the best result. You might have to tune several times and change out “new” parts.????? Good luck it is an exciting project.
I agree, I’m gonna contact Mr. Lush and tell him what I want which is one thing and I hope he will tell me how to get there, I’ve already gotten great advice from rob and Scott and they both say just do what Neville says to do, I can only do cams for now because that’s about where my capabilities are right now. I definitely want to use all of his parts as next year I plan on getting into that head with what’s needed there, I’m sure he knows exactly how to get to any range of power anyone wants to get to. If he will sell to me I know I will be in great hands

I have a question about the cams you are buying. If they work well at stock compression will they be well suited to higher compression? My understanding is some cams actually require more compression to work well. I don’t think you’ll get 200+ hp until you add compression. I could be wrong but in all the bike builds I have done it was the bump in compression with a matched cam that really made the difference. JMO

I understand doing it in stages but the whole system needs to be considered for the best result. You might have to tune several times and change out “new” parts.????? Good luck it is an exciting project.
@TriumPhil hit just over 200 with cams on his first upgrade.

Dr.D about the cams I don’t know anything about the cams, which ones how they work with different compressions, I will just be using and doing what Mr. Lush says to do and use. Hearing all the great things about him on here I trust him 100% as I think he’s one of the best in the world at these rockets. Others can probably answer the cam and compression question as they’re knowledge is much more on building these engines than I will probably ever even get too, but I’m wanting to learn

6334ED58-0C78-4A87-A6CD-5278D016D99B.jpeg
9F28ED22-1991-4538-9DD4-01F2414C0F5F.jpeg
66488E9A-54DE-4386-9973-420271E81284.png
56FFF6E7-13F8-4140-8CB7-4E640B359059.png
56FFF6E7-13F8-4140-8CB7-4E640B359059.png
9F28ED22-1991-4538-9DD4-01F2414C0F5F.jpeg
Well today it was a baseline for where the journey starts. I took the widow maker in to the dyno jet to see what’s actually going on in her mind. A little recap, nels tune 23068, d and d slip ons ( today with taters in) I know they gotta go, crossover pipe and ram air. Well she seems to cut that throttle off at 80%, she sets her top speed at 120mph, but we’re on our way. More parts on the way.
Following your build closely sir!! I would love to get my R3T into the 200+ club!! Can you provide me with a link for the Oz Rider pipes? I'd love to give the old fella a bit more sound!!

Following your build closely sir!! I would love to get my R3T into the 200+ club!! Can you provide me with a link for the Oz Rider pipes? I'd love to give the old fella a bit more sound!!
You can pm him here and he will get back to you he’s on the forum, go through some threads to figure out what you want there are a couple different systems from some of the best in the world right here on the forum. Ozrider is beloved by many also paul Bryant is beloved by many, both great to work with and buy from. Do your homework it effects your whole system. I’m not the best to ask honestly, but there are some very educated rocketeers on here that can help you figure out a system and of course oz rider and paul Bryant are very helpful in helping you decide your layout for what you’re wanting.

Back