Why I bought a Rocket III

I had a 2000 Honda Valkrie. I sold it and regretted it the day after I sold it . I bought a Rune when they came out but it was too much chrome for me. Then I rode the rocket. Power torque and basic black. The only bike to out Valrkie a Valkrie. I've loved it since day one
My only regret is mine doesn't have the black engine of the new roadster.
I may even get a R3 Tourer one day
yeah, but the silver engine sticks out and turns more heads. Makes the bike look like it's ALL motor, the black doesn't show off the true size of the 2300 "car motor", like the aluminum.

this is the best thread ever

i have an 08 streetglide and i enjoy the heck out of it. built the 103 motor so it'd be a thrill to ride which it was.......till i hopped on the 08 R3Classic that i just bought tuesday. now my harley with just over 100 hp and 110 torque feels weak in comparison. after riding my "new to me" rocket home, i rode it into my shop and there sits my vivid black streetglide. i parked the rocket and sat on my harley. odd, but it used to feel like a big bike. now it feels almost like a middleweight jap bike. the thing about my harley is that every time i'd go to a rally or bike event, or even the harley dealership, i'd walk out to get on my black streetglide, and have to look through 20 other black streetglides to find mine. with the rocket 3, i don't see that happening. another thing that i find really great with the rocket is that when i stop for fuel or at a coffee shop, i end up in a half hour conversation about my rocket III. ain't it a hoot? i'm a new guy with the rockets, but after riding one at the local triumph shop the first year they came out, i was truly hooked. i guess one of the reasons i own a Rocket III is because it's the biggest production bike made, and an added plus, it's cool, and a super added plus it pulls like a big badass pissed off gorilla.

Two Rockets and a Road King, size does matter :D. Looks a lot smaller next to two of our big boyz.

When I was 53 old , I realized that i became old and that nobody gives me happiness but me ! I have wait all my life for my own pleasure and realized life is very short . I have a 69 bonny and my 96 Tiger became a little old ( 110 000km ) so went to dealer for changer Miss Tiger for a newer one and I see HER ! That was in October 2005 , the dealer told "No way for a test : that 's too rainy !" So that was the first time in my life I bought a brand new bike ! Well not so brand new , she was a demo one (with 600km on clock!) Not even test her ! Next week check done , I had riden HER . And since I realized that was the second best thing I had done in all my life ( best one when I pass at technical receipt my own bike I made in 80's years with a car engine )

Since then I had more than 75 000km on clock and I met the best part of fellow rocket men in France and Germany and hope soon England . At each meeting I never saw 2 identical Rockets ! That a great thing you can personnalized your own Rocket ( BTW as I always changed side of brake and gearbox pedals all my bikes are personnalized!)

On July 2010 my little grey One becoming a little old for selling her , I found a Januray 2010 Roadster , I took train to Chartres for taking her back home . At nearly 30km to home I had a very hard crash on freeway and the bike was totaly wrecked the very first day I got her . I have yet the leg in cast ( hope it will be remove next week) But I had bought a new Roadster in January . She stays at dealer and as soon as possible I get her at home when my cast will be removed !

There was 0 options for another bike than European One . Never in my life get dirty putting my ass on a japaneese bike , harley were faraway too expensive and not meccanicaly well done and always loved English bike (got BSA B33 , Norton Dominator , Bonny 650 ) . And Rocket , at last but not least , is a bike who goes with my 1m95 and 100kg ! But on the little side :D

For me it was the exclusivity (?). I have just enough "rebel" in me that I like not seeing myself coming down the street in droves. IMHO if you ride, it's cool. What you ride is up to you. I have noticed that lately, and I've been riding over 40 years, that there are a lot more lady riders and that is particularly cool!! Most folks are pretty interested in my Rocket and it's a good place to start for meeting new friends.

Bought mine beacuse i liked the picture and the specs, ordered it and took 3 months to arrive, very first r3 in Tulsa:)

I'm on my second RIII. The first I bought because I wanted something w/ more power than my Shadow ACE 1100 (my first bike). Mission accomplished. :cool:
My second RIII (a Roadster) because, how could I possibly go back to a lesser machine, when brute power is what I was and am still after.

I owned 3, 70's Trumps (71 Bonnie, 73 Tiger, 75 T160) and always loved Triumphs. In 2005 I test rode a new Rocket and was hooked. I asked the dealer if I could take my wife on a test ride as she loves to ride more than I do. I explored the Rocket's capabilities a couple of times on the ride, and when we got back to the dealer, she took off her helmet and said, "we have GOT to get one of these." Six years later, I plunked down 16 large for a new Roadster with amenities for the wife. We LOVE it!

Back