Why are people selling their Rockets?

I'm one of the guys who sold my Rocket,

Because I bought a newer one.
I did have the two Rockets a couple of years but decided that it was too much money to pay every year to the government to have two of the same registered so I sold the old one and bought a Tiger explorer.
I now use the Explorer for shorter trips and the Rocket for Sunday rides (200 - 400 km) and holidays.
By the way, I was just talking to the bloke who bought my old Rocket about 3 years ago and he told me that he would never get rid of it.
I'm not to keen on the 2500cc Rockets (haven't tried one yet) as I normally carry a lot of stuff on the bike when we go on holiday. The wife on the back and all the stuff she wants to bring and the new ones doesn't look like they are going to hold all that stuff.
VIRB0064.JPG

Now if they came out with a bike designed to be really used like a touring model i would buy.
I would bet my bad reputation that such a machine will soon appear on the market.

The panniers that Triumph offers as an option to the new R3 are imho ok for one person and if you do not need to carry any camping gear. Perfect for my long weekends or week-long solo trips but also pretty much maxed out.

IMO the R3 (2020-) is a power cruiser. Not a bagger or a track day weapon. If that is what you want you'd probably be a lot happier buying one in the first place..
(No offense)

It is interesting how Triumph completely changed the target market segment for the R3 with the new design. The only time manufacturers do that is when they think the old model missed the mark. The old model was a Mack truck on two wheels capable of twisting roads, high speeds, hauling tons of gear but unrefined to many. The new model is eye candy gorgeous that will appeal to many. Unfortunately it is no longer capable of hauling like a truck and it lost the strong superstructure frame. While the new R3 is one of the most beautifully designed bikes on the market with lots of sex appeal, it is not able to fulfill my requirements for sidecar duty therefore can never buy one.

Agree with you 100%. Like the new rockets but they lack storage space. Might be alright for some but not for me. Now if they came out with a bike designed to be really used like a touring model i would buy.

It's been more than 45 years that riding a motorcycle, it's my pleasure and I always have the chance to be able to afford the best motorcycles for me.
From the 125cc (after the 50cc) I had a lot of trail, road, sport, custom, 2 stroke, 4 stroke, single cylinder, 2 cyl, 3 cyl (500H1 Kawa), 4cyl (in line or V4) models and 6cyl (4 Honda), Harley and Indian.
I really enjoyed my F6c 1500 Valkyrie but this new rocket is irreplaceable, I can't find any fault with it. What happiness with this R3 GT and I am not about to sell it!

I can only speak for myself but I had 60,000+ miles on my R3T. I loved it for a dozen years but I wanted something with fewer miles on it.

I may in the future get another Rocket —I may opt for the Classic this tome—but for now I thought it was a good move, for me, to just get something with fewer miles on it.

Back