my foot pegs are ground down to the rubber after that weekend. I wonder how many other captains have worn the chicken strips off the FRONT tire.

my foot pegs are ground down to the rubber after that weekend. I wonder how many other captains have worn the chicken strips off the FRONT tire.

BRich I just thought Iwould let you know if you keep going harder after you have worn your footpeg through to the rubber the next thing to scrape is the pegrail up the front on the lefthand side and if you ignore that and keep pushing on the next thing to scrape is the weight on the end of the handlebar. You have about half a second to think about it from when the front tyre lifts off the road till it starts hurting. I have since decided to ease up a bit so I only scrape every now and then instead of putting it on the ground and leaning on it. Not telling you what to do just be carefull is all

Thanks for your concern Bruce. I have already hit the rail on the left side, then the exhaust and also the exhaust on the right side. The right side rail doesn't seem to touch. I did have the rear tire lift a little on a hard right turn from the exhaust touching. I slowed down a little after that. :D

I have a custom made single pipe on mine nothing scrapes down the back just the pegs and the peg rail up the front on the left hand side. Have had a look and thought about changing the rail it could be about 35ml higher at the front.

Back