Whitewalls on the new 3?

I love the looks of the black R Model as it is. But I’m wondering how to make your black one immediately stand out from all the rest, especially if you want to be consistent with the new, truly unique aesthetic.
Hot pink pinstripes. :roll:

Big fat whitewalls would super suck the cool right out of the bike.

I think these TredWear letters would look better than whitewalls (which I do like on our Touring and other bikes).

I can attest to their high quality, glue bonding, and ability to keep white. The ink pens are crap...
They are pricey and NOT reusable but come in a variety of fonts and colors...

DRF1-SQ-racing-font-white.jpg
They are a little dirty in this shot:
IMG_3989.JPG

Well done but OK @MrPix how about a white bike with whitewalls and maybe paint the black panels on exhaust white too?
OK, that would look hideous, IMO, and I know you were joking, but...you’d be doing “you,” and nobody else would have one like you. :D The worst thing about it would be having to spray paint the header shields once a month. And without the whitewalls, and heat shields, an otherwise all-white R3, to look like the flip-side of blacked out, (which we all love, but isn’t remotely original), could be a pretty cool look.

Hot pink pinstripes. :roll:

Big fat whitewalls would super suck the cool right out of the bike.

“That guy” in pink pinstripes sure ain’t me on this one, but I’ve always admired guys who were secure enough in their masculinity to do “female-looking,” and then back it up with bada$$.

I had a friend in HS who was a black belt, but just LOVED the pink and aqua pastel, Miami Vice Don Johnson look. One time we were out, and he got in a fuss with a guy who called him a **ggot, took a swing at him, and my buddy laid him out, then bent over, kissed the guy hard on the lips, and asked, “So how does it feel to get your a$$ whipped by a **ggot?” The guy didn’t reply, and while my friend got all kinds of women, to this day that guy and his buddies think he was beaten up by a gay guy.

Back