Whitewalls on the new 3?

To each their own of course. I just feel the R3 isn't the kind of bike that would benefit aesthetically from whitewall tyres.
If i had a black R3 and wanted it to pop i'd consider some gold pinstriping a lá Norton Commando of the 70's. those color schemes were some of the tastiest i've seen so far, but again, taste is very diverse and there's really no right or wrong.

I have put Whitewalls on every bike I have owned so far and I would be lying if I said that I have not thought about whitewalls on my R3 GT but I think it would require a complete repaint and some unique aftefmarket parts to make it work.
I've always said I loved crazy canucks. 😁

To each their own of course. I just feel the R3 isn't the kind of bike that would benefit aesthetically from whitewall tyres.
If i had a black R3 and wanted it to pop i'd consider some gold pinstriping a lá Norton Commando of the 70's. those color schemes were some of the tastiest i've seen so far, but again, taste is very diverse and there's really no right or wrong.

You're very right. And sometimes taste has nothing to do with how it looks on the bike at all, lol. I have admittedly, totally irrational biases against colors of football teams that have whooped my teams' butts over the years, in particularly emotional losses. And my wife is even worse: "Dear Gawd! Those are Alabama colors! You might as well scream 'Roll Tide!' driving down the road. What are you, a traitor to the Vols? You disgust me, and I hope the AD pulls your season tickets!"

no-god-please-onyf30.jpg
You realize your signature of, "Ride what you want on what you want' seems a tad contradictory? :p

I got the 2016 Eldorado with the whitewalls but it will not do a sub 11 seconds. I have the GT R3 fitted some saddlebags have a rear seat bag a slip streamer Spitfire windshield but will pass on the whitewalls for the R3 although I like the retro look

Gotta wonder, though, what your Eldo would do with both a turbo and nitrous. The problem with that gorgeous MG transverse V-twin is that you can't sub out another engine without obvious notice. But I do so very much wish a single someone would put "screaming, bada$$ performance" in an "old, laid-back, relaxed '50s cruiser-style" bike.

I LOVE the obvious, in your face, badarse look of the R3 (heck, I'm very likely to buy one, I like it so much), but I love sleepers, too. If I were Jay Leno and had his unlimited funds, only one of the things I'd build myself is a huge, from scratch, custom white or tiffany blue scooter, but with a Vespa front end on it, and a removeable wheelie bar, and with the stock little hard bags on the sides, and proceed to build a sub-10 second bike, and when not racing it, I'd ride around (in full hi-viz gear) looking for riders on the street who appear overly consumed with their manhoods, ride up with the stock "meepmeep" horn, do the dorkiest Mr. Bean wave possible, and then proceed to blow them off the road. And if you're also Jay Leno, you could probably even pay yourself back most if not all of the cost of the entire enterprise by doing a video series of other riders' reactions to you doing it to them, a la "Candid Camera". I know it's a one in a trillion shot the right minion would ever read it, but I may just have to email that idea to him to make myself feel better. "C'mon, man! We're talkin' comedy gold AND Leno's Garage, here!"

Do
Gotta wonder, though, what your Eldo would do with both a turbo and nitrous. The problem with that gorgeous MG transverse V-twin is that you can't sub out another engine without obvious notice. But I do so very much wish a single someone would put "screaming, bada$$ performance" in an "old, laid-back, relaxed '50s cruiser-style" bike.

I LOVE the obvious, in your face, badarse look of the R3 (heck, I'm very likely to buy one, I like it so much), but I love sleepers, too. If I were Jay Leno and had his unlimited funds, only one of the things I'd build myself is a huge, from scratch, custom white or tiffany blue scooter, but with a Vespa front end on it, and a removeable wheelie bar, and with the stock little hard bags on the sides, and proceed to build a sub-10 second bike, and when not racing it, I'd ride around (in full hi-viz gear) looking for riders on the street who appear overly consumed with their manhoods, ride up with the stock "meepmeep" horn, do the dorkiest Mr. Bean wave possible, and then proceed to blow them off the road. And if you're also Jay Leno, you could probably even pay yourself back most if not all of the cost of the entire enterprise by doing a video series of other riders' reactions to you doing it to them, a la "Candid Camera". I know it's a one in a trillion shot the right minion would ever read it, but I may just have to email that idea to him to make myself feel better. "C'mon, man! We're talkin' comedy gold AND Leno's Garage, here!"
Don't forget to add a sidecar to that!

Attachments

• e39e85ae93c34a2801c916f2c04f130e.jpg
    e39e85ae93c34a2801c916f2c04f130e.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 5
doesn't look good on a Red R.... just saying
lol.jpg
Thanks much for the p'shop! You're right on red. But with that color combination, I'd bet you WOULD get a bunch of sales in the state of Alabama (to those on the other side of the pond, Alabama has no pro sports teams, and LIVES American college football, and that bike is close enough to one of their two big team's crimson and white colors). They'd buy it on that alone.

But after seeing it, I'm still thinking that some colors might look pretty good, actually. My team's colors are orange and white. House of Kolor paint on the tins. Then add on one can of NOS spray and a turbo (I'm assuming someone will offer a turbo, yes, but I think it's a pretty good assumption, as multiple people a lot smarter than me about such things have insisted this engine was built by Trumpet to be modded, and as powerful as it is, it's still very conservatively tuned, so it won't blow up when we play with it for more power). I've always been reluctant to paint a bike a different color than it left the factory, as it hurts resale value, but I need to do it before I die at some point.

Back