While waiting for a tire installation...

I was going to ask what pressure on the back is b4 answering if 38 psi was good since folk smarter than me suggest 2-4 psi less on the front than back and deciding the overall pressure is a compromise of wear, traction, and comfort. lower pressure for better traction at cost of wear.

I was going to ask what pressure on the back is b4 answering if 38 psi was good since folk smarter than me suggest 2-4 psi less on the front than back and deciding the overall pressure is a compromise of wear, traction, and comfort. lower pressure for better traction at cost of wear.
I was going to add... The HARLEY dealer (Glenwood Springs,just 20 miles out REFUSED to change her tire!!! Go HOGS

Just FYI -
A little lower pressure increases the contact patch, increases stiction and absorbs pavement irregularities better.
Although it does increase friction, the amount is so small it makes little difference.
Higher pressure reduces the contact patch and reduces pavement stiction.

I'm running 38 front and 42 rear. I might bump those down a couple psi like you say for better traction.

All I can say is if the tyres are neglected that much is the rest of the bike in the same condition?????????????????????

I do my own oil changes (~2000 miles ago), brakes, final drive (last week), electrical, horn installation, spark plugs and wheel removal. Hell, I even moly'ed he splines when I put the rear back on. That good enough for ya?

Just so you don't think I'm a ***in' amateur... ;)

I'm running 38 front and 42 rear. I might bump those down a couple psi like you say for better traction.

I do my own oil changes (~2000 miles ago), brakes, final drive (last week), electrical, horn installation, spark plugs and wheel removal. Hell, I even moly'ed he splines when I put the rear back on. That good enough for ya?

Just so you don't think I'm a ***in' amateur... ;)
What do you call a woman who can do all that on her own?

A keeper! :thumbsup:

Cool story...
While visiting @smokit2 in Colorado, I realized I wasn't going to make it home on my front tire. Ordered up a nice 140 Avon Cobra and rode over to Grand Junction on the way home to have it installed. A 60-ish guy on a Harley came in to have tires done also, and we chatted while waiting.

He asked me what I was riding, and when I told him, he pointed out a trade-in Electra-FLXTYDRWQMLP-something or other. I just said, "No", and he was genuinely surprised. Ok, it had a pretty blue and silver paint job, but I told him there is no bike after the Rocket.

When my tire was done, he came out to look at the bike and I think it was then when he realized just what I was talking about. "2300 ccs, really?" I said, "I told you there was no upgrading from this". The look on his face was priceless.

:roll::roll:

Btw, here's my tire before the switch...
IMG_1115.JPG

Mate you got your money's wet tho out of tha a

Back