Just a note about 300V - It's not intended to be used for extended periods. Read up on it, it's pretty much the best there is, but, it doesn't last, by design. It's race oil.

The CBR1000 I just tore down a few days ago used it, was still all bright green and clean as like new, kinda of funny seeing green everywhere lol.
Yes I did some reading on the difference between the 300V 15w50 and the 7100 15w50 both 4rt oils. It seems from the reading the 300V is not a detergent oil which makes it seem like it has a higher lubricity factor. Its amazing that the detergent additives do to the oil. Of course not being a detergent additive oil is why it does not last as long. And of course racers engines are torn down quite often so they do not get exposed to regular road riding. I wonder if the master in the tin shed has ever torn bikes down running the 7100? And if so what differences he has noticed.

That is consistent with their marketing and what I've been told regarding the two oils. I do know the 7100 is still fantastic oil, and a most of the people I know who track day often use 7100 in their dual purpose street/track bikes and 300 in their track only bikes.

Got bored one night and read all of this it actually took me 2 nights and found some interesting rubbish, basically the guy says buy the oil with the properties recommended for your vehicle, don't change it early as that is a waste of money, don't change it late even though the oil may still be good it is starting to break down after recommended miles.......

Used Oil Analysis: How to decide what is normal - Bob is the Oil Guy

Got bored one night and read all of this it actually took me 2 nights and found some interesting rubbish, basically the guy says buy the oil with the properties recommended for your vehicle, don't change it early as that is a waste of money, don't change it late even though the oil may still be good it is starting to break down after recommended miles.......

Roscoe

Sorry about that,
Roscoe,
Just did a search on Penrite 15w-50 HPR diesel semi synth and it’s not friction modified so all good, @ will continue to use it for my bikes

Recently changed oil. Checked Penrite site and 2 were recommended, I used the 15w50 due to warmer weather.
Capture+_2019-01-05-21-34-35.png
Capture+_2019-01-05-21-35-38.png

Sorry about that,
Roscoe,
Just did a search on Penrite 15w-50 HPR diesel semi synth and it’s not friction modified so all good, @ will continue to use it for my bikes

Cool glad ya looked it up......

I remember about maybe 15 year ago I used to use the GAS HPR oil in my Kwaka 1000 GTR it loved it...... it must have had no modifiers as well. The MCST oil has only been out for about maybe 5 years I remember it coming out beause I was disapointed it was oly a 4 ltr bottle, probably why I have always stuck with the Racing range

Recently changed oil. Checked Penrite site and 2 were recommended, I used the 15w50 due to warmer weather.
Capture+_2019-01-05-21-34-35.png
Capture+_2019-01-05-21-35-38.png

Hey scorp the "racing" is for motorcycles as well and is a 5 ltr bottle, some times they do a special of 6 ltrs about once a year.....
MCST oil has only been out for about maybe 5 years I remember it coming out because I was disappointed it was only a 4 ltr bottle, probably why I have always stuck with the Racing range. I emailed Penrite asked them what the diff was between the racing and the MCST and they said the MCST had more Zinc or something and was better for the wet clutch but the original "Racing" group of oils was quite fine it was just a up to personal preference. They brought the MCST out for the older Jap bikes like the Honda 4's and Kwaka 9's older type clutches with high mileage. I laughed my V Star has more than most at 250,000 klms and I don't think clutches have changed that drastically!

Sadly I only had access to 2 litre packs. Bonus was Repco had 30 percent of sale at the time.

Back