Have been reasonably happy with penrite myself. But Charlie would not devolve what oil or brand it is I am very curious as to the source. Other people may know more hence me starting this thread. Anyway once it's service time it will definitely be going to Charlie & when it's done I will report back. I am 100% sure he will not tell me what oil it is though.
Just on a side issue the bike seems to run a bit rough through about 2000 rpm. All other areas are fine. Put a couple of different maps through no change. No faults logged. tps all good may have a small vacuum leak. It's hardly noticeable might be a good one for Charlie to sort. Thanks for any feedback:)
HE wont tell you what OIL to use ??? I would find another expert

:thumbsup::D:cool:Just had charlie service and tune mine also had too replace my gear sensor as for the type of oil he use's he's not saying only that he has to import it because he can't buy it here.My bike does not appear to run as hot now fan does not kick in as often and my gear box is a little bit smother so for the moment i,am a happy little camper.

Have been reasonably happy with penrite myself. But Charlie would not devolve what oil or brand it is I am very curious as to the source. Other people may know more hence me starting this thread. Anyway once it's service time it will definitely be going to Charlie & when it's done I will report back. I am 100% sure he will not tell me what oil it is though.

He sounds like a proper tosser. I don't bother talking to people who pull stunts like that ,and in any case I don't believe there is some magical oil that will surpass all expectations.
Nor would I allow anyone to put any type of oil or fluid into my bike/car/4wd without a full description of what it is. After all what do you do if you ever need a top up of oil between changes?

If I live in hot climate ( 28c – 35c ) and use 20/50, would changing to 10/60 hold viscosity but lower engine temp more than the 20/50.

I do not see what the problem is there are several type of oil that can be used in the rocket. and most I would consider using like guys who use car tires. But if I could not make my mind up I would choose to use whot the most predominent Rocket horse power builders use no matter what the fricken cost (its only oil) That being said what ever Neville Lush racing uses especially since he post why he uses it (from experience) I would use!!!!!!!!

The same goes with what Carepenter Racing uses. I must admt I use different from both but I am in contact with the manufacturer of the oil I am using and am equally as confident in it as the oils Nev and Bob Carpebter uses.

Last edited:
could it be ...

why all the secretes , is there $ in it for the mechanic by not disclosing what oil? don't like that attitude, I can say Neville lush racing put Motul 300V 15-w50 double ester synthetic at $120 per 4 liters he told me it passes every know test for motor oil
have been running the 300v double ester and can attest- it is awesome shifts like hot knife through butter

Nev Lush told me the Motul V300 is the best oil he has come across. It is expensive, but considering the peace of mind, a buttery smooth shifting it is cheap insurance. Most folk only change every 5000km or even longer.

Nev Lush told me the Motul V300 is the best oil he has come across. It is expensive, but considering the peace of mind, a buttery smooth shifting it is cheap insurance. Most folk only change every 5000km or even longer.
the engine sounds better with this oil as well; i believe i'm staying with 300v moving forward just reminder need to change this every 3K miles

Back