just started using K&N oil Filters after having used the last of the Beaut Oil Filters (blue wrinkle finish, can't remember the name) @warp9.9 organised for us, we might have see if he can get a good price again ... hint hint Scot :D

If I may interject in this discussion... all these filters mentioned above will work fine by trapping "STUFF" CARRIED BY OIL however when you change your filter what do you do with the old one ....most likely it get dumped and you are none the wiser as to WHAT IS HAPPENING IN your engine either you should cut the filter open wash it in varsol then run the varsol through a cloth if you have metal left in the cloth run a magnet if metal stick to it you better have a thorough investigation because you are in the early stage of a problem

or you buy ( like I did) one reusable filter that open up and show you the stuff inside much quicker and cleaner , wash and see what if any thing is ok or not
trust me I flew radial engines for years and every 50 hrs we did the same procedure on the oil filters and it prevented some nasty and costly situations
awareness is best medecine..;)

just started using K&N oil Filters after having used the last of the Beaut Oil Filters (blue wrinkle finish, can't remember the name) @warp9.9 organised for us, we might have see if he can get a good price again ... hint hint Scot :D

The latest K@N oil filter is ever so slightly smaller than the "older" version and the chrome cover (Touring) is a loose fit one run around with Gaffa Tape takes up the void , no I didn't want to bend the clips on the cover out to suit because Murphy's Law one would snap off :cautious::cautious::cautious:

If I may interject in this discussion... all these filters mentioned above will work fine by trapping "STUFF" CARRIED BY OIL however when you change your filter what do you do with the old one ....most likely it get dumped and you are none the wiser as to WHAT IS HAPPENING IN your engine either you should cut the filter open wash it in varsol then run the varsol through a cloth if you have metal left in the cloth run a magnet if metal stick to it you better have a thorough investigation because you are in the early stage of a problem

or you buy ( like I did) one reusable filter that open up and show you the stuff inside much quicker and cleaner , wash and see what if any thing is ok or not
trust me I flew radial engines for years and every 50 hrs we did the same procedure on the oil filters and it prevented some nasty and costly situations
awareness is best medecine..;)
I had a similar one on my cars back in the 80's got link for this bike one and what is the filter medium (the car one used a Toilet roll, no I am not Kidding and it worked well)

I had a similar one on my cars back in the 80's got link for this bike one and what is the filter medium (the car one used a Toilet roll, no I am not Kidding and it worked well)
on my filter the filtering is a very very fine metal mesh. nothing else.

Back