Rough-but-slow

.060 Over
Ride
07 Rocket 3
To any interested captains out there. I have been using penrite racing 10 full synthetic 10W 40W oil & while it seems O.K. I had a very interesting chat to Charlie at turn one yesterday (thanks for the recommendation ponters). I went there to chat about a rear tyre but discussion went to all areas of rocket problems. I have read numerous threads of gearbox, clutch, engine heat issues & while not serious problems Charlie laughed & simply said all related to oil.
I have heard great raps on this guy so I am going to get him to service the beast when it's due. But the question is what is the oil? He said he only uses a particular type (from his racing days) & totally swears by this product very interested to see the results.

I have used a lot of oils from suzuki brand to HD brand and all inbetween:D I currently use Mobil 1 4t, welcome and by the way does charlie sell the oil in his shop that he says is so special, any good motorbike oil will do the job now if you start putting the dollar a quart stuff in your motor thats an other story:D

To any interested captains out there. I have been using penrite racing 10 full synthetic 10W 40W oil & while it seems O.K. I had a very interesting chat to Charlie at turn one yesterday (thanks for the recommendation ponters). I went there to chat about a rear tyre but discussion went to all areas of rocket problems. I have read numerous threads of gearbox, clutch, engine heat issues & while not serious problems Charlie laughed & simply said all related to oil.
I have heard great raps on this guy so I am going to get him to service the beast when it's due. But the question is what is the oil? He said he only uses a particular type (from his racing days) & totally swears by this product very interested to see the results.

i use the same penrite, but tell us more?

Have been reasonably happy with penrite myself. But Charlie would not devolve what oil or brand it is I am very curious as to the source. Other people may know more hence me starting this thread. Anyway once it's service time it will definitely be going to Charlie & when it's done I will report back. I am 100% sure he will not tell me what oil it is though.
Just on a side issue the bike seems to run a bit rough through about 2000 rpm. All other areas are fine. Put a couple of different maps through no change. No faults logged. tps all good may have a small vacuum leak. It's hardly noticeable might be a good one for Charlie to sort. Thanks for any feedback:)

Castrol

I was going to use Castrol Power RS 10W-5- 4-Stroke Motorcycel Oil in my next oil change... Does anyone recommend against?

The best two oils I have tested:
Motul V300
AliSyn ProDrive 21

Stay the H..eck away from the Purple oils.
What's your take on Bardahl? - I ask as that's what Triumph put in at it's first and last dealer service. And there's a place in my village that stocks it. Been a while since I had a vehicle with combined engine/gearbox oil.

Which Motul

Wayne,

Which Motul 300v, they have something called 300v Power (5W40) or a 300V 10W40 or 5W40 or 15W50?

Back