I can agree with Canberra, the 300v is a great oil but a bit of an over kill unless you are full on racing, 7100 will give top protection and value. It now available in 10W60.

For most of us with unmodified engine internals, Motul 7100 full synthetic is more than adequate. The 300V would be a bit of a waste - but obviously no harm.

Can someone recommend the best outlet/distributor for Motul Oils in Southern Oz? Either Sydney or Melbourne as I cannot find the good stuff in Tas.

Heavy vs Lighter

When the manufacture fills the motor with oil, they understand the product must be ready for any climate around the globe.

When changing the oil, I would look the climate you live in. The person in a colder climate will use a lighter grade vs. the one that stays in warm all year round.

Living in Florida I always use 20w50, but if I was in Canada I would use a 10w30.

Also, someone on this site posted a great article on oil filters. Motorcycle Oil Filters & Air Filters

There are many guys on this site smarter then me. Please feel free and let me know if my theory is wrong.

Stephen,
give Andrew Quin a call at Bicheno motorcycle museum on 03751485, he had Motul on the shelf when I last stopped there and can order anything you want. Also if you need tyres he can order them for you and fits them for free. He is a really good bloke to deal with, helped me out when I blew a rear tyre on the roadster. Andrew also has a van to pick up anyone who has broken down.
Duncan

Stephen,
give Andrew Quin a call at Bicheno motorcycle museum on 03751485, he had Motul on the shelf when I last stopped there and can order anything you want. Also if you need tyres he can order them for you and fits them for free. He is a really good bloke to deal with, helped me out when I blew a rear tyre on the roadster. Andrew also has a van to pick up anyone who has broken down.
Duncan

Hi Duncan, were do you live? In Tassie?
Cheers Pete

Back