Where to stick 'em

Ishmael

Supercharged
Might seem like an odd question but then again I'm an odd person.
After I remove the standard pipes and headers from the roadster to install the jardines, should I just put 'em, clean and dry, in the shed, should I grease 'em or wrap 'em or what ?

No rude answers please:eek:

If you've got access to cosmoline, use that.
If you grease them, it will inhibit the rust, but it will attract dust...
Of course, if you greased them lightly, and put them in a big trash bag, one for each item,
wrapped snuggly and laid on a shelf,
they might look alright...

I'd be coating them in grease before i stored them away. Im sure there is some new high-tech product that has replaced old school grease and someone here will enlighten you :rolleyes:

I'd be coating them in grease before i stored them away. Im sure there is some new high-tech product that has replaced old school grease and someone here will enlighten you :rolleyes:

You could use LPS 3

International Distributor: LPS Labs, MRO Solutions, Lubricants, Penetrants

We use it in aviation maintenance. But when they are put back into service they're going to smoke like crazy. It they were mine I would seal them up in a heavy plastic bag with some desiccant to keep the moisture down.

Moisture Absorber, Crystals, 10.5 Oz - Moisture Absorbents and Indicators - Packaging and Shipping Products - Material Handling : Grainger Industrial Supply

You can put a coat of wax (carnuba) as well. The best solution is not to let any moisture collect, just hanging them like SIE works fine for many years.

Given the climate in FNQ I reckon wrapping in plastic is more likely to trap moisture in. Desiccant might work up to a point but I'm sure they'd sweat like mad. I'd be looking at treating any heat affected areas like the pipe ends, with something - even just a spray with WD40 - and hanging them somewhere dry.

Back