I live in a state where lawyers can fry your a$$ if protocol isn't followed. I would report it to the police or insurance co. so they at least have a record of it on file . Doesn't matter how small the accident it's their word against yours. It sounds like the dealer has exhausted all alternatives to fix the problem except for replacing it with a new one. If it wasn't a big deal I'm sure we wouldn't be discussing the problem.

Last edited:
I went to Cherokee Cycles in Greer, SC to get a front tire put on yesterday. They said, be there when we open and you'll be first to get serviced. They open at 8:30, I arrived at 7:50 and they were inside with the overhead doors open and saw me pull in. I pulled to the side of the ramp and back a respectfulgentl 20 feet from the ramp and in line with the service drop off sign and not blocking the ramp. They store larger machines inside and I knew that hence my position to the side and back a bit. The maintenance manager walked out to talk to me and see the bike. The OWNER comes backwards down the ramp in a Slingshot and cuts the wheel to turn it around and runs into my bike. Barely hit it BUT, he put a permanent mark on the lenses that can't be buffed out. Service manager gave me a discount on my tire work and said that it looked like they owe me a lenses. We all took pictures. The issue for me is that I know the bike is 4 years old but the fact that it is a discontinued brand makes parts hard to come by. The lenses "bucket" had taken a rock strike once and I put a clear patch on that. Knowing that I said that there is one on Ebay and that if the owner who hit my stationary bike would pay half, I would pay half and they could provide the labor. Fair ? What would you do ? I did not curse, threaten or become verbally abusive. I had backed up another 20 feet in this picture after he hit me but same alignment.
20180714_080725.jpg

You are a gentleman sir...I,couldn’t have resisted at least one expletive!

Glen, they were 100% at fault due to the fact that you were parked & still, not in an area that was marked "restricted/no parking" and the fact he backed up into you. You are being way more than fair. If they don't give you a response ASAP, then you should give them your new revised offer - They need to replace your lamp with new OEM lamp. even though discontinued, they can still be had from New Old Stock. Being a dealership (no matter the brand) they should be able to source one.
Congrats for keeping your cool! I know that was the hardest part ;)
Unless you called the cops to investigate the accident (which they won't even come out to inspect when it's done on private property/parking lot), Insurance company will just say it's your word against theirs, so they need to man up & own up............. So's you don't hafta skin that smoke wagon

Glen, they were 100% at fault due to the fact that you were parked & still, not in an area that was marked "restricted/no parking" and the fact he backed up into you. You are being way more than fair. If they don't give you a response ASAP, then you should give them your new revised offer - They need to replace your lamp with new OEM lamp. even though discontinued, they can still be had from New Old Stock. Being a dealership (no matter the brand) they should be able to source one.
Congrats for keeping your cool! I know that was the hardest part ;)
Unless you called the cops to investigate the accident (which they won't even come out to inspect when it's done on private property/parking lot), Insurance company will just say it's your word against theirs, so they need to man up & own up............. So's you don't hafta skin that smoke wagon

Who's your Huckleberry?:roll::roll::roll:

Soooooo, I rode the truck over there today because they didn't call on their first day back yesterday. I asked what they had planned to do and showed them the one on Flea Bay I would pay half on and let them install. The owner had his parts guy, Roy, go back into the dusty shelves and he came out with a brand spanking new complete unit complete with the lamps installed. They offered it to me for a $100 and installation. I gladly paid the $100 for a new one and forgave them and will install it myself which I'll feel better doing the work on my own bike anyway. Now I can begin to defile myself with gusto. I will go back to them as they did it right with no questions asked.

Back