JoseyR3Wales

Living Legend
Ride
2014 Victory Vision Tour
I went to Cherokee Cycles in Greer, SC to get a front tire put on yesterday. They said, be there when we open and you'll be first to get serviced. They open at 8:30, I arrived at 7:50 and they were inside with the overhead doors open and saw me pull in. I pulled to the side of the ramp and back a respectful 20 feet from the ramp and in line with the service drop off sign and not blocking the ramp. They store larger machines inside and I knew that hence my position to the side and back a bit. The maintenance manager walked out to talk to me and see the bike. The OWNER comes backwards down the ramp in a Slingshot and cuts the wheel to turn it around and runs into my bike. Barely hit it BUT, he put a permanent mark on the lenses that can't be buffed out. Service manager gave me a discount on my tire work and said that it looked like they owe me a lenses. We all took pictures. The issue for me is that I know the bike is 4 years old but the fact that it is a discontinued brand makes parts hard to come by. The lenses "bucket" had taken a rock strike once and I put a clear patch on that. Knowing that I said that there is one on Ebay and that if the owner who hit my stationary bike would pay half, I would pay half and they could provide the labor. Fair ? What would you do ? I did not curse, threaten or become verbally abusive. I had backed up another 20 feet in this picture after he hit me but same alignment.
20180714_080725.jpg

Since there are no more parts being made for Victory Visions, I thought my solution was an equitable one.
20180714_101635.jpg

Punkin center as they say up home. Considering that he could have damaged my front end beyond repair I think he's getting off cheap with my offer. At no time were the police called, I remained civil throughout.

It doesn't affect anything except when I will this bike at my expiration date I would prefer the recipient to get it with only the marks I put on it.

Back