What Have You Got In Your Tires??

Freightbusters

Supercharged
After just filling up with nitrogen in my prious tires I was wondering if anyone has used or heard of using nitrogen in their Rocket tires???
Good bad or ugly????

Ride for fun, ride safe and with respect!!!:roll:

Costco does it on our car tires. I haven't noticed a difference. I figure I won't spend any extra on it since air is 80% nitrogen any way.

98% at the dealer

Think time will tell on how well this works....airplane tires use this..and many other major safty concerns..why not cycles....min weather extreams....longer tire life? why not..50 bucks for 4 tires 25 for two and always will refill for free??? why not:roll::roll::roll:

What da hell.....

What in the hell is a prious tire? I've never heard of that brand.:confused:

In so much as filling them up for free after youy pay the initial fee, think about it....What is your chances of getting a flat tire at the dealer who offers the free refill? About as good of chance as winning the Power Ball or getting rid of your wife......:D

bad sat night huh..not even worth a response

by the way that was a prius car tire.

same old same old .....glad not to be a part of this forum in the future

no respect...so long forever!

Jeez, thin skin there FB? Would that be a Toyota Prius? What's the advantage of nitrogen? Come on FB, you don't really mean that.
Shame on you Flipper. If you blew $25 on air-gas then checked and found it was a couple pounds light, wouldn't you drive across town to touch 'er up a bit :)

Last edited:
Ha ha I was just kidding !!!!!

:roll:Just wanted to see how tough you R3 riders are... but getting back to the Prius ...(after selling my Dodge viper) but bought a R3...and happy as a dog taking a pu in the morning...ach.that did not make cents....sense???

O well as the nitrogen was standard operating procedure for the New Prius (hey flip thats a car ha ha) the dealer told me whenever I need more N to stop by ... will fill for free...Now I dont know if I would ever pay to have this put in on the start but it is more dense...no tire flat after sitting on the ground...less lost of air/N .maybe the suspension is tuned for this...I dont think so..maybe more miles...on these tires?? they advertize 98% N.....but how about road exercizes??????safe????

So ----this I ask would be a good thing for two wheel cycles???will have to do some research or maybe Flip will bring up his memory bank , clear the cob webs.....and share dome **** good input!!! Go for it! Flip! ( I use that command for my Rott )
What say you??

I am definitely of the opinion using Nitrogen in any road vehicle is purely a cynical marketing gimmick to grab more of our dollars.

It is used in Racing car tires as 1) its lighter than air and 2) its inert i.e. won't add fuel to a fire as air would.

Putting it in a R3 or a Prius' tires will not make any noticable improvement to acceleration or MPG. The only thing that will be much lighter will be your wallet.

Yeah but when they put it in your tires at Costco you get cool looking green valve stem caps to let everyone know you are riding on nitrogen.:D

Back