What happens after your motorcycle is stolen?

Two things, mate!

One. The cops do NOT leap into action and put out an APB when you report a theft. They simply record it on their computer and if it ever turns up they tell you "We found it." (Which I suppose, in a way, they did.)
Can't say I blame them, tho, with the amount of stuff that gets nicked.

Two. Once, in a time long ago, I was invited by the CEO of this State's largest insurance company to meet him at the air conditioned HQ tower where I observed hundreds of cute bums in miniskirts on stools before accompanying him on a half-day chicken and champagne lunch cruise on Sydney Harbour. Gratis. It was called a "contra."
About then I think I realised on which side of the insurance ledger we all sit.

'Course, you knew all this.

I have had just one stolen, a Yamaha XT600 Tenere single when they first came out in the mid eighties. I had one or two bikes already and about a year after I got it I lent it to a mate and it was stolen parked outside his unit.
I just put it down to experience and bought another bike, and another, and another etc...... just in case another one disappeared! ;) 🤔 :roll: :roll: :roll:

Two things, mate!

One. The cops do NOT leap into action and put out an APB when you report a theft. They simply record it on their computer and if it ever turns up they tell you "We found it." (Which I suppose, in a way, they did.)
Can't say I blame them, tho, with the amount of stuff that gets nicked.

Two. Once, in a time long ago, I was invited by the CEO of this State's largest insurance company to meet him at the air conditioned HQ tower where I observed hundreds of cute bums in miniskirts on stools before accompanying him on a half-day chicken and champagne lunch cruise on Sydney Harbour. Gratis. It was called a "contra."
About then I think I realised on which side of the insurance ledger we all sit.

'Course, you knew all this.
I can't disagree with your statements because that is what happened. You know there is but coming, but I expect the police to make an effort, I expect prosecutors to make an effort and expect judges to make an effort.

Crime in a few places here and even violent crime has become one where there no effort to append, no effort to prosecute, and lenient sentencing . Crimes without penalties only lead to more crime.

The crooks got away, your bikes are gone and the police can not help you. It’s you and the insurance company, good luck. Do I sound cynical? You bet. I’ve been robbed before and there was no justice. We caught a man robbing my buddies place red handed and beat the chit out of him. That was justice. The police did take him away after we were done with him and never heard any more about it. Oh btw the cops did offer us application but we refused and became dentist.:D

The crooks got away, your bikes are gone and the police can not help you. It’s you and the insurance company, good luck. Do I sound cynical? You bet. I’ve been robbed before and there was no justice. We caught a man robbing my buddies place red handed and beat the chit out of him. That was justice. The police did take him away after we were done with him and never heard any more about it. Oh btw the cops did offer us application but we refused and became dentist.:D
Thanks for cheering me up. The insurance company all but put me in a lineup, well that was what I felt like anyway.

Last edited:
Thanks for cheering me up. The insurance company all but put me in a lineup, well that was what I felt like anyway.
Sorry if you took my post poorly. I’m just quite a bit cynical these days after I’ve matured some and the rose colored glasses have lost their ability to keep me deceived about life. Real life is not always sugar coated. I’m sure you will end up with a money settlement but not without some angst.

Sorry if you took my post poorly. I’m just quite a bit cynical these days after I’ve matured some and the rose colored glasses have lost their ability to keep me deceived about life. Real life is not always sugar coated. I’m sure you will end up with a money settlement but not without some angst.
Not at all Doctor D, moving forward and looking forward to what is ahead. Heck next year I'm planning to ride Rob Smith's Rocket 3 at Bonneville.

Back