What Handle bars for Roadster

You can always machine you own riser blocks to go under yours that way you can control the height. they naturally move back as you raise them because the top yoke is at a angle. Just not as drastic pull back as the rivco's.

You can get the idea in the picture below.
Although this is minimal rise to fit gear under the bars.

P9030002a.JPG

My brother has a set @Discoverydave of risers you can have for the cost of postage the only thing is that the chrome finish is not the best. He has replaced his bars with Burleigh t bars from QLD and they bolt to the triple tree, I am pretty sure they are 2 pull Back and 1 inch rise Rivco risers.
Cheers Pete

Last edited:
Thing with the Classic bar swap is you need to fork out for the 3 inch longer clutch (and to do it right the Classic throttle cables) the Rivco risers are probably actually a cheaper way to go mate. I tried the Classic bars on mine years ago but really didn't like them.

The OEM cables on my R3R worked with the Classic bars after re-routing.
The throttle cables were the most problematic, but it all worked!

My brother has a set @Discoverydave of risers you can have for the cost of postage the only thing is that the chrome finish is not the best. He has replaced his bars with Burleigh t bars from QLD and they bolt to the triple tree, I am pretty sure they are 2 pull Back and 1 inch rise Rivco risers.
Cheers Pete
Thanks mate that sounds great. I'll start a conversation to discuss the details.

You can always machine you own riser blocks to go under yours that way you can control the height. they naturally move back as you raise them because the top yoke is at a angle. Just not as drastic pull back as the rivco's.
You can get the idea in the picture below.
Although this is minimal rise to fit gear under the bars.
P9030002a.JPG

That OEM notch there for the gauges mount is what causes problems with using risers on the Roadster.
Not much wire slack for lifting the gauges and it be fugly!

Today I had another ride over the Mt Nebo , another story, and towards the return home I adjusted the back support further forward and it seemed to help as it had me sit bolt upright. I remember thinking that if I get rest ended this thing will snap my back but you can't have everything.

Thanks for the heads up TC. I caught up with Mittzy today for a beer and chat and saw the risers. There a chunky bit off kit but look the deal. Had a good yak all things Rocket. Top bloke, he gave me a set of k & N's so I could delete the standard air box s..t. Looking forward to riding with the local rat pack soon. He's planing on adding both the risers and the classic bars as well I think. I'll get it sorted eventually.
Oh I forgot to mention that you will need the 2 smaller K&N filters as well (you might need to buy these) 1 for the crank case and 1 for air temp sensor.

I have the risers on my roadster with the classic bars. I did buy the longer cables but set up the standard cables before they arrived and it works fine. The longer cables are in a draw. That combined with a Corbin seat with backrest and pigs on the engine bars( I change gear with my heal) have transformed the comfort levels on the bike.

I once had a bike where the bars just didn't feel right so I slackened off the clamps slightly, sat on the bike and just moved the bars until they felt right. It wasn't a lot but it did it for me.
Give it a go. it'll save you some dough.

Back