What do you use to clean your scoot?

Well, I pretty much ride year round unless there is ice on the road. No riding season here as I ride all the time.
For washing, I use the TurtleWax Ice car wash for the really dirty times. For normal cleanup, I use either Honda Spray or Plexus. They are about the same stuff. I also wax with the TurtleWax Ice. As for clothes, I buy the big bag of microfiber towels from the local wholesale club like BJ's or Sam's Club. When they get dirty enough, I wash the towels and they come out pretty clean.

This stuff is extremely good !
Super easy to use , makes bike look
great .
You can wipe it on mirrors , squeeze mirror
pretty hard with thumb , or drag finger a cross
lens , like trying to leave a smudge
and you see nothing.
Really deep look to paint also

https://www.ameritechmfg.com/index.php?productID=246&PHPSESSID=a8a03fdf8c363b47cb99e960847ee929

Ps: this is cheapest way to by it
Usually sold @ bike shows $ 15.00
get quart little finger pump spray bottle
and terry towel as kit

For the Florida guys might be able
to order it from here
My Bikers Bay - Biker's Bay Directory : East Tampa / Brandon, FL : East Tampa's

Wayne

Am I the only one here that never puts water on my bike? The only time mine gets wet is if I'm riding in the rain.
I use a product similar to this.

Maxima Spray & Shine - Motorcycle Superstore

Honda and Yamaha both make something similar (or atleast put their name on it). and there are several others also, I use the one by Yamaha because it's one of the few that says it won't damage windshields. That way I don't have to keep a can of Plexus too. I don't remember what the Yamaha stuff is called, it's in my saddlebag and my bike is at the dealership due to a coolant leak and the neutral light not working.

Budman...

One big problem with S100 that I found (besides it's hard on even anodized aluminum) is that it strips grease really easily. That can be a problem on an older R3 like mine because I keep all the electrical connectors greased up with di-electric grease. The S100 started rusting my upper fork legs, going right through the anodize. It's strong stuff.

A little tip for a buggy windscreen. Take a little bit of H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide) on a clean rag and wipe the windshield down before you wash it. The Hydrogen Peroxide dissolves the exoskeleton of the bugs so even if they are baked on, they come right off with just a blast from your hose.

I keep a bottle and rag in the bike on trips for those 'beside the road' wipe downs.

Flip I have seen your bike on several occasions over the last couple of years and I still do not know what colour it is. I know that Baxter's washed it so please keep it clean for Maggie Valley.:D

I washed it once since I got it. I use a bottle of 50% alcohol and cut it with filtered water. I use a terry cloth spray and wipe.

A hose, bucket of soapy water and a wash mit. Blast the puddles with compressed air, ride very fast and touch it up with a shammy. I certainly don't want to spoil her. Good money was paid to abuse the **** out of her. And I plan to get my money's worth!

What's that phrase ... "Ride it like you stole it!"?

If I ever plan to sell ... Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.;)

Last edited:
Back