What do you put in your tool bag?

I carry a Teng tool socket (8-19mm) and drive kit .. a puncture repair kit. Also carry a spare set of ROK straps.

Essentials..

I know a couple of you mentioned flashlights.....can't stress that enough...you can bring a full tool kit, but if you can't see you might as well stick them up your a**. The new flavor of mini lights last great..particularly if you put one of those lithium batteries in it.
In addition to the bottle opener and can cooley I have taken to bringing along my jumper cables. From past bad experience I found that you can't even pop-start any of these new bikes once the battery is down below about 10v. Most of my buds run Harleys so I havta say at least I used my Triumph and my cables to start a Harley before I had to use it on my own. After the first incident I then added a copper lug under the RH side cover so that I didn't have to remove the seat. This is just a power point taken off of a late model truck and it works real well.....have used it four times to date (only once on my own tho). My own bike was on thin ice as to the battery and I should have done it last year,,,,but thought I could make it fall before it Sh*t the bed....it actually did because I parked it a few weeks later and it started this spring with a new battery.
I home-made the 6' jumper cables out of fine-strand 10 gage cable and soldered my own ends on...you really don't need huge bulky cables and because of their short length they pass plenty of amperage to start even those stubborn harleys:D

Attachments

• 100_0477.jpg
    100_0477.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_0480.jpg
    100_0480.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_0484.jpg
    100_0484.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 70
Thanks Dbutton, I never thought of a booster cable, makes sence and 10 awg wire is not bulky. I will be putting that together this weekend. As for a flashlight I packed a light with a head strap, hands free and bright.

Back