What do you put in your tool bag?

Dawg68

Nitrous
Ride
2014 R3R / 2017 R3T
Good day all;
I am curious as too what tools you consider essential that you will pack for a long trip? I know most bikes come with a couple of tools but in a pinch they may not be what you need. As I am new to the R3R what should I put in my tool bag?
Cheers
Kevin:D

I ordered a metric cruiser tool roll from Cruiser Customizing, I've never had a need to use it, but it seems to have all of the essentials. I never take it off the bike

Extra fuses, electric meter, electric tape, screwdrivers, sockets/driver, tire plug kit, break pads, allen wrenches, flashlight, ignition bypass kit, complete manual on a flash drive and ?????? I will get back with ya!

Extra fuses, electric meter, electric tape, screwdrivers, sockets/driver, tire plug kit, break pads, allen wrenches, flashlight, ignition bypass kit, complete manual on a flash drive and ?????? I will get back with ya!

Last but not least...;)

Attachments

• MembershipCard_AMA2010.jpg
    MembershipCard_AMA2010.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 109
Whatever tools it takes to get the seat off, the side covers, lift the tank, and remove battery cables. Wire cutters/strippers in case you have to hot wire the bike. A screwdriver with interchangeable tips. Vice grips and duct tape are always handy. I carry a tire plug kit and small air compressor, spare of every fuse, a spare starter relay, emery paper for cleaning terminals/connections. And of course, the most important tools of all, a cell phone and towing insurance.

I have the AMA card as well, (Alberta motor association) for us north of the boarder living in Alberta. Covers me in the States as well:). I ordered a tire plug kit, comes with Co2 canisters to fill the tire but I think I will take some of the advice here and pick up a small compressor as well. And I agree with the fuses and relays and as for duck tape.....never leave home without it!:eek:

For me. It's a spare clutch lever.......:rolleyes: last RDU I went on I tipped my R3R over and broke the clutch lever clean off.....not happy:eek:

Back