What did you do to your Rocket today?

I took Brahma to work today. He was so **** happy to be on the road again. The Viking system is a noticeable plus. But I think painting the rear wheel black made it faster...
20210809.jpg
Looks ready to ride a few more thousand miles Boog! Good job let's ride brother!

This is the initial fitting of a little project I'm working on. Not actually installed yet because it will be part of a changeover from antifreeze to Engine Ice. It's been too hot around here to get my enthusiasm up enough to do wrench work.

Attachments

• IMG_20210819_195641.jpg
    IMG_20210819_195641.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210819_195027.jpg
    IMG_20210819_195027.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 21
I had a bit of a Brown Trouser Moment with mine...

Collected a Big Blue from the ever-helpful David at Quasar, an hour or so of bolting stuff together with my teenage daughter (motorbikes - a great bonding experience!) and a sharp intake of breath later!

file1-3 by d1ck_browne, on Flickr
I did exactly the same...first time using a Big Blue today.... after getting the brackets and bolts lined up and tightened...up she went like a Harry Potter spell (Wingardium Leviosa). Full oil and brake service and 2 new tyres ready for a HUGE European road trip in September. Erico.

I went to change the fog light bulb tonight and found that the ground wire had corroded off. I repaired the wire and now the light works. If only the UK ever got rain so that the company would know how to rain proof the bikes...

Wow I could have filled a few pages of posts for this thread lately!
My R3T repairable write-off I bought on eBay a 100 miles away sight unseen a few years ago at Mossvale in NSW is finally registered and back here with me. I have been sorting through my Bling store for every little dazzler I could find and more on the way.

I'm so slow and often have to refit everything twice to get it right or make a little bracket etc. So if I get one or two things done a day I'm happy.

The best thing is that pulling bits off and adding others allows you to really get familiar with your Rocket. The R3T is quite different to my Roadsters and I saw recently a review suggesting that only 3 parts were shared, the engine, rear tail light and front brake calipers.

Back