What did you do to your Rocket today?

Geez it is hard work getting to that 100th page!

I had 5 different Zumo RAM etc ball mounts for bars, mirrors stems, UK Custom steel to chose from.....and then while successfully shopping a week or so ago at our hardware superstore Bunnings for some door stopper rubbers to grind down conical on the stone knife wheel to fit my pannier rails (kindly sent by Norman @Sparky59 ), I found a cool magnetic cup and ball on a stem stainless door stop with the perfect diameter stainless ball and a cool mounting system I thought I could adapt somehow.

After examining most surfaces and considering a screen mount I twigged that is would fit the lower instrument bezel mount perfectly.
It worked far better than I could have imagined as I hate trying to read my Zumo screen at a distance and operating buttons at a stretch is a pain whether stationary or mobile.

The mount fitted the instrument cluster perfectly without any modification, is immediately reversible and takes a few minutes at most to fit.
By mounting so close to the seat it is easy with the quality rubber sheathed cable and leather tank bib to cover the wiring and have a direct route to battery without interfering with other wiring or frame parts etc.
In other words a complete doddle, much unlike my usual wiring efforts which taKE ME HOURS AND NUMEROUS IMPOSSIBLE CONTORTIONS OF FINGERS AND LIMBS TO THREAD SOME WIRE THROUGH AN IMPOSSIBBLE HOLE AFTER REMOVING AND THEN REPLACING THE PLUG ETC ETC., oOPS PHAT FHUMS AGAIN sorry!

Anyway it looks and works great too and was about $10 (US$6.80) I think.

Photos tomorrow. and I give up if this doesn't make the 100th;):roll::roll::roll:

Looks like you made 100. Congratulations! 🥳
Ha ha, yeah on the 1st or 2nd post too. It kept showing page #99 for every one when doing them.

I have posted the photos (and description again) here.......https://www.r3owners.net/threads/r3t-chrome-bling-project-by-ishrub.36975/page-10

Rode that thang, and impressed some turtles! Dont judge im back to stock😂
IMG_7020.jpeg
100degree heat!

Attachments

• IMG_7020.jpeg
    IMG_7020.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 6
Back