What did you do to your Rocket today?

woke up and said i should check air in tires (while i make coffee) :cool: and go through post and get my morning laugh on:roll::roll::roll: you guys never disappoint

Attachments

• 8917B743-7616-426C-80B9-787DAB6CC38A.png
    8917B743-7616-426C-80B9-787DAB6CC38A.png
    333.3 KB · Views: 12
went to timberon to see my two brothers thurs.morning one drove down from n.y.coming here at the house wed.,other brother lives in roswell with land and shop in timberon 921 total miles, ride home today was 417 miles in 5 hours 45 min time i left time i got home

I'm finishing sanding the back tire, I'll start polishing it on Monday
A couple of things have come up to keep my R3 in shape

The grease for transmission

IMG-20200529-192528.jpg

And the progressive springs for the forks

IMG-20200529-194404.jpg

I have half a bike dismantled and a lot of work to do yet, my wife is very nervous because she wants to get on the road now hehehe

A few days ago...Put a new rear tire on, cleaned up the rim, installed 444s, changed engine and bevel box oil. And THEN the front springs just arrived. Might get to them tomorrow, maybe. Nope, just remembered, I don't have any fork oil...dam! What's everybody using with the Progressives, 7 weight?

A few days ago...Put a new rear tire on, cleaned up the rim, installed 444s, changed engine and bevel box oil. And THEN the front springs just arrived. Might get to them tomorrow, maybe. Nope, just remembered, I don't have any fork oil...dam! What's everybody using with the Progressives, 7 weight?
When i had progressives i ran the 10wt on the widowmaker , some use the 7.5, the weight varies so much between brands of fluid, if you want precise look at the fork oil viscous chart and you will see the breskdown for each type of fluid

Not my bike but my buddies...Worzol...we put Lamonster's plate relocator on the bike...an 'R' model...also the backrest,,,,the flyscreen is still hanging on wire in the shed after several coats of rubber paint on the inside of it. You can see the tank emblem too which also is one of Lamonster's products...He has good quality products guys so get in and support him.
We couldnt use the factory, stock rear turn signals so we put tempory ones on which i had in my cupboard. When Worzol finds some he likes, we will fit those. Turned out pretty nice...we did think and check everything thru taking our time to get it perfect and are happy with the result.
20200530_150313.jpg
20200530_145059.jpg

Last edited:
7 weight works well.

Put a new Bridgestone on the back. Had a bit of mission creep. First I played around seeing if the NoMar tire machine made it possible to remove the old tire without cutting the tire. Screwed around unsuccessfully for about 45 minutes with that before giving up and getting out the Dremel.
Then I noticed the muffler brackets looked bad and while painting those thought I might as well do muffler ends.... You all know what I mean.
Got 9500 miles out of last rear tire.
Also replaced the original rear brake pads at 39K with some EBCs.

Back