What did you do to your Rocket today?

tribal

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III & 2015 Rocket III Roadster
@tribal , out of curiosity, have you ever tried one of those home steam mop gizmos with the detachable hand held part to clean your engine cases? They come with different attachments and brushes and have the ability to add cleaners.
Hmm, no. And it just so happens I have one. I'll have to see what attachments it has.

When I was at the Ace Cafe in Orlando in March there was a professional detailer van there and they were doing steam cleaning but I didn't think of trying to
use my rug cleaner.

I have it pretty darned clean but there are a few cavities I couldn't get the brush into.
I was going to go to my friends house and see what his power washer could do but was a little worried it could actually break something.

Steam may do the trick.

I'm going to do a VHT paint test section this week too after I make another pass at cleaning all those engine nooks & crannies.
Thanks!

tribal

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III & 2015 Rocket III Roadster
Had to show some love to my other fat bottomed girl.

1. Changed oil - 2Qts Mobile T4 20W50 4.xQts Amsoil 10W40 full-syn. Amsoil filter.
2. Cleaned and polished with TLC - The Last Coat.
3. Installed new belly pan that I added red reflective tape stripes to and clear coated a few months ago.

x-fiberman-bellypan.jpg

IMG_4196[1].JPG

Taurobiker

Ahora sabes porque!!!
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Classic
Today I started polishing the front wheel

Here you can see the difference between the sanded area and the area already polished

I've only passed the felt disc with the rinsing paste, now I have to pass the cotton disc with the polishing paste

brsmits

BRB, on adventure...
Ride
2013 R3T, "Trinity"
Ordered new grips. Avon MT Air Boss. Ebay for ~$60.
1589733702629.png
Search for: mt-air-90-ch-b.

Should be fun, I sorta hate the stock grips. I am considering modding the throttle reel to have a shorter twist to WOT. My race bike was modded and dremeled to a 60º twist and it was amazing. Anyone else tried this yet?

Taurobiker

Ahora sabes porque!!!
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Classic
How many miles since it was last lubricated? Or was it ever done before?
Also, is it cheaper to ship my rims to you for refurbishment or pay for airfare to have you come do mine here?

I don't know if it's ever been lubricated, I bought the bike a little over a year ago

I have dismantled it to learn more about my bike and to leave it in perfect condition

I totally agree @tribal send me the plane ticket and I'll gladly work your tires

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of R3Owners. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker for R3Owners.Net.

I've Disabled AdBlock