What did you do to your Rocket today?

I rode Brahma to work this morning. First press of the back brake and it went all the way down. Pumped and got pressure. Looks like I need bleed again.
I did see where the wire bundle has got too hot but do not believe it is related.
20200511_072413.jpg

20200511_072418.jpg

Last edited:
I rode Brahma to work this morning. First press of the back brake and it went all the way down. Pumped and got pressure. Looks like I need bleed again.
I did see where the wire bundle has got too hot but do not believe it is related.
20200511_072413.jpg

20200511_072418.jpg

Get some Speed Bleeders. If you don't already have 'em. Makes bleeding those brakes so much easier! (BUT only if there is fluid in already).
Thank goodness for front brakes.

That frayed thingy looks scary. I wonder what it goes to.

20200511_072413.jpg

20200511_072418.jpg
Bummer

Get some Speed Bleeders. If you don't already have 'em. Makes bleeding those brakes so much easier! (BUT only if there is fluid in already).
Thank goodness for front brakes.

That frayed thingy looks scary. I wonder what it goes to.
The frayed/burned cover, covers the wires coming out of the brake switch.

I just ordered the
MV8000 Automotive Tune-up and Brake Bleeding Kit

IMG_20200511_152248.jpg

Started install of the last thing I am doing to this bike (during layoff) RAMAIR is in the final stretch. I already downloaded the 20355 tune and will adjust the TPS and that other thing while I have it gutted.

I'm still sanding!

After the 1200 grit sanding, I go to 1500 and then only 2000 grit sanding before polishing

IMG-20200513-171346.jpg

I'm looking at the photos and the rim at the same time over and over again, you can't see in the photos the finish that the aluminium is acquiring

IMG-20200513-171417.jpg

@tribal , out of curiosity, have you ever tried one of those home steam mop gizmos with the detachable hand held part to clean your engine cases? They come with different attachments and brushes and have the ability to add cleaners.

I received my Mityvac in the delivery today so a bleed the back brakes. Easy please and man do they hit hard now.
TrI'd to do the front but the tech at MOD has over torqued the screw to the point it is melting as I try to unscrew it.
First things first, find the back brake master cylinder's hiding place.
20200513_155741.jpg

Next, remove the chrome
20200513_160025.jpg

Make sure to remove the factory stone and save for later.
20200513_160030.jpg

Always be clean.
20200513_161007.jpg

Start sucking
20200513_161625.jpg

@tribal , out of curiosity, have you ever tried one of those home steam mop gizmos with the detachable hand held part to clean your engine cases? They come with different attachments and brushes and have the ability to add cleaners.

Hmm, no. And it just so happens I have one. I'll have to see what attachments it has.

When I was at the Ace Cafe in Orlando in March there was a professional detailer van there and they were doing steam cleaning but I didn't think of trying to
use my rug cleaner.

I have it pretty darned clean but there are a few cavities I couldn't get the brush into.
I was going to go to my friends house and see what his power washer could do but was a little worried it could actually break something.

Steam may do the trick.

I'm going to do a VHT paint test section this week too after I make another pass at cleaning all those engine nooks & crannies.
Thanks!

Back