First off, to have broken those mounts, I would suspect the bike had been in a very bad accident. I have a similar thing with the 2015 engine I bought. Must have been completely run over by a truck, as the frame was even bent! 3 of the 4 mounting brackets had been broken off at the half way point of the holes. I fabricated some special brackets, installed, and torqued to specs. Smeared some JB weld around one mount, to use as an indicator if there's any movement. Been months now, and no problems.
Thats a pretty good fix. My only real concern is the single mount that it looks like a surface weld instead of a full fix. I have time this weekend so I am going to put it on a bench and give it a good look over to see if there are any other issues.

every rear tire change we need to remember to tell the person to check and grease the splines (i'm told) as out rockets get older and the miles add up. The dealership said replacing the transmission with labor is about 3-4k
Well I can attest to the greasing of the splines. I had the rear tire changed when I got mine and the splines and cup were full of rust. As for replacing the transmission, I have looked at the maintenance manual and I would imagine the bulk of that cost is labor. With the engine being a structural part of the bike, its more time-consuming to drop the engine.

Thats a pretty good fix. My only real concern is the single mount that it looks like a surface weld instead of a full fix. I have time this weekend so I am going to put it on a bench and give it a good look over to see if there are any other issues.
I would talk to seller about refunding some of purchase price due to extensive damage and costs to repair.

Ok, well its been a while waiting for tools and parts. And Im still waiting for a few more parts to show up.
2023-06-17 14.41.01.jpg

Well, almost a month later, I finally had a day off and got the frame swapped. I ended up swapping all the sensors, the starter, and the throttle bodies to the new engine. I matched all the plugs and then realized the battery was dead. It's always something, but hopefully, I will know if the new engine will run by Wednesday.

Attachments

• 2023-07-31 13.20.00.jpg
    2023-07-31 13.20.00.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 2023-07-31 12.37.33.jpg
    2023-07-31 12.37.33.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 2023-07-31 10.45.01.jpg
    2023-07-31 10.45.01.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 2023-07-31 10.35.16.jpg
    2023-07-31 10.35.16.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 38
Well, almost a month later, I finally had a day off and got the frame swapped. I ended up swapping all the sensors, the starter, and the throttle bodies to the new engine. I matched all the plugs and then realized the battery was dead. It's always something, but hopefully, I will know if the new engine will run by Wednesday.
That really is living the dream, or roughing it, congrats.

I'll have to settle between living a dream and having to create shade like a tree because I can't exactly afford a workplace garage or shed otherwise. But at least I have something to block the sun while I work.
Yep, even when I was growing up we always had some trees we could hang a chain hoist from, and always had shade and cooler temperatures. But that was over seventy yrs. ago. You got to do what you have to do. Congrats.

Back