We need more shops like Wayne's

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
I have tried to check out our local area for dyno shops. Of the three I have found , all claim to be for V-twin American bikes ( Harley) . Talking to a friend , one is not worth going to.
The thing is that most if not all want to install the power commander , then charge you another $300 plus to insrtall a map.
Would like to go to Waynes , but that is 730 miles away. I have contacted a board member about shops in the Tulsa , and trying to research the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
As far as adjusting the Tune ECU myself , well to be truthful, I think I would be jumping in over my head. I look at a map , all I see are numbers and colors. Looking at the instructions makes a litte sence , but the ligyt has not come on.
Not crying , just wish there were several clones of Wayne

I agree with you about Wayne's. In my opinion, it is worth the trip.
If you have the time and love your R3, take it to Wayne. He doesnt do what he wants to do to the bike or what you want to do to the bike but what is best for the way the bike runs on the dyno.
Great guy with great knowledge. He takes pride in his work.

If I lived in USA I would make a holiday of it and take it to him, our equal Nev Lush is probally the same distance from here but when I can afford it I will be getting to do a 240hp kit on my bike but in the short term if you have a Power Commander already, get the Auto tune for it and I will give you my AFR table which is the same AFR 's that Wayne uses as a guide, I am not suggesting that it is better than him tuning it but it will make a decent improvement

It sounds like Micksan trying to find a dyno shop to use TuneECU. Most, probably 99% of dyno shops know nothing about TuneECU. That is why they want to install a Power Commander. Most shops run a DynoJet dyno that plugs directly into the Power Commander, and that is what they are familiar with. Saying that they only do 'v-twins' is rediculous and anyone who says that doesn't know squat about what they are doing. All engines are just air pumps with cylinders arranged in different configurations.. Tuning one engine with cylinders arranged in a V is no different than tuning an engine with cylinders in a line.. Of course, 2 strokes are a bit different, but that's another story..

I have TuneECU, but I run a PowerCommander (old PC-III) because most dyno shops are familiar with it. I've had mine dyno tuned a few years ago and it's still running that same tune and runs great.

And I agree, although I have never been to Wayne's myself, a vacation trip down there to get your bike tuned would definitely be worth it.. :)

Perhaps we can arrange with Wayne to host a Tuning Weekend where Captains from all over could converge on his shop at the same time. He could roll em on and roll em off. It would be a great influx of cash for him and a chance for owners to get together for a weekend.

Thoughts?

Sometime in April?

Back