greg butler

Standard Bore
I'm a new owner of a blue '06 Rocket with 1300mi on the clock. So far it's been a wonderfull scoot with no defects. Hi to everybody, and especially the lady in Waco who missed the blue one. It's in the parking lot right now out in the Outback of Texas, Big Spring. Salute!

Howdy Partner

Glad to have you with us. I can't think of a better way to traverse that big state of yours than on an R3. Hope you enjoy the site and please take advantage of all the interesting information and help that's available here. You'll also find a bunch of good, fun loving people who's Rockets have brought us all together to a common meeting place.

So y'all grab yourself a seat cause were fix'in to talk R3 (and other sundries)

Welcome Greg. Love the blue Rockets. Very rare with a tremendous hue. Great choice!!:D
Our moderators are Rocket owners, offering an insist only an owner can. Plus these guys are very hands-on with oodles of current data, how to's, and the like. Got a question(don't we all), let's here it, that's what R3owners.net is all about. :cool:

OK, I'm off my soapbox.....;)

Colours

Welcome Greg. You're almost certainly the only one with a blue Rocket on this forum. That's the ex-works hue I'd choose if I were on the market for a new missile. Please post pics if and when you see fit. Salute

Jamie -(custom) green, Oct. '04 Triumph Rocket III-

It was suggested...

Sorry. Asked by a fellow R3 enthusiast to provide some demographics. 53y, owned too many Brit bikes to list, had one recent HD (one too many) and an old flathead (goodin), worked in the bike biz for 14 yrs till got an honest job, currently treat those even less mentally fortunate than myself and give 'em drugz, live in an area resembling Iraq populated by scorpions, rattlers and tarantulas (with an odd gila monster) and its over a 100 degrees outside. Would like to find any R3 owners in this part of the world (not too likely) to swill beer with and like to drive way too fast. Located in Western Texas past Abilene, a Red Raider. Other current rides in various states include a HastyVarmint 390, BSA custom 650 and a couple of T-100s/Daytona twins, a spare sidecar. I'm off for 5 days in 25 minutes and I'll lift a cold one for ya all. Salute!:eek:

Hi Greg!! Glad to have you on board. There seems to be quite a few Rocket owners in Texas... that's the way it should be. Take a look around... move right on in.... ask some questions and have some fun!

Tomo

greg butler said:
I'm a new owner of a blue '06 Rocket with 1300mi on the clock. So far it's been a wonderfull scoot with no defects. Hi to everybody, and especially the lady in Waco who missed the blue one. It's in the parking lot right now out in the Outback of Texas, Big Spring. Salute!

Were did you get your bike? There was a blue one at EuroShop in Waco. A friend of my honey's was trying to get it, but someone got to it before he did. Was wondering if you were the one that saved me. If he had gotten that blue it might have stolen my glory. ha ha

bluebyou

I was the culprit. Mark took my trade so it went easy. Was going to get one last year but then the rear seal deal occurred so I figured it would be best to give them some more time to refine the production line. Hope he sends me my plate soon, papers expiring next week. Maybe we can hook up somewhere in the Hill Country for a ride in the future. Takes a bit of planning though because it's an easy overnighter plus for me.:cool:

Congrats and thank you! Yeh, they did me a great deal with my trade in also. Really nice guys. You may have to check with them on your tags. I think I had to get a second paper tag. But part of that was because I was taking a long trip and needed to make sure I was legal so wouldn't have any hassles.

My Honey's friend was wanting that bike. But he was going to drive me crazy to no end if he had. Since I am lighter than my honey or his other friends that have bought this bike I can out run them all even though they all have the jardine pipes and I still have stock. This friend is probably lighter than me. And he would just love for his ego to race me. So I was dredding him getting the bike. So thank you for saving me. ha ha :rolleyes::D

I normally check in here at least once M - F sometime between 8a - 5p. So if you are going to be in the area you can send me a message. We usually check in at Luckenbach sometime during the weekend in addition to riding the area. This weekend sometime we plan to take drive to Bandera.

Congrats again on your New blue One

Back