Recieved the new water pump today and I’m going to take the advice mentioned here and order the new samco silicone hoses. Quick question, the company offers hose kits up to 2014. I also own a 2017 R3T..are they the same hoses?

Received the new hoses, thanks for the link and advice. I have to say she service and support from the company was second to none... I had the hoses within 24hours of ordering. A6F8DAED-6D29-4930-8C70-50E1D5123082.jpeg 3486E050-4F2A-47F1-A6F2-D1CE0D3E8F6B.jpeg

Finally got around to fitting the new water pump and hoses. Not terribly difficult, quite straight forward. Not sure why the service manual doesn’t recommend draining the oil. I did anyway. After taking a close look, the hole for the pump may be high enough to prevent any oil from leaking out.

The one part I couldn’t get to work was the coolant bleed screw, I was able to see a little drip when I flushed the system with distilled water but not when I put the coolant in. I was able to get the 3.2 litres in as specified in the service manual so I’ll just keep an eye on the reservoir.

Finally got around to fitting the new water pump and hoses. Not terribly difficult, quite straight forward. Not sure why the service manual doesn’t recommend draining the oil. I did anyway. After taking a close look, the hole for the pump may be high enough to prevent any oil from leaking out.

The one part I couldn’t get to work was the coolant bleed screw, I was able to see a little drip when I flushed the system with distilled water but not when I put the coolant in. I was able to get the 3.2 litres in as specified in the service manual so I’ll just keep an eye on the reservoir.

If you have the old pump and it hasn't been took apart, I'll pay the shipping if I can have it.

Back