warped rotors

I haven't had that on my rocket. But I previously had America and on that one I had a warped rotor. When I complained about it they first tried to change brake pads but it didn't help, and after changing the rotor that vibration was gone. I did drive with that bike for another 15 000 kilometres without any problems.
It definetily is under warranty so go for it.

I had to have both front rotors replaced.I think it is from high speed slow downs heating them up. I now slow down from high speed with the back brake more.The rear rotor is a bit thicker too.

The total acceptable runout...TIR if you will, is 0.03mm while the re-grind limit is 0.01mm.

If the disc is warped, 99% of bike shops would replace it (them). Not many shops have a Blanchard grinder that I know of. I don't either but I do have access to one and the disc can be easily brought back to acceptable runout though the pucks would have to be replaced and re-swedged.

Just reopening this debate as my R3T has just failed its MOT due to warped front discs (rotors). So, 3 years old with 20000 miles; discs are not worn thin so that is not a factor Currently debating with Triumph head office here in UK but their view is that discs are wear and tear and not covered under warranty unless a ridiculously low mileage.

Anybody else had disc issues?

Cheers,

Keith

Just reopening this debate as my R3T has just failed its MOT due to warped front discs (rotors). So, 3 years old with 20000 miles; discs are not worn thin so that is not a factor Currently debating with Triumph head office here in UK but their view is that discs are wear and tear and not covered under warranty unless a ridiculously low mileage.

Anybody else had disc issues?

Cheers,

Keith
My Rotors warped on my R3T at 19000 miles. It may have happened as I was riding down into the valley at Yosemite in heavy traffic, hard to say. But my disc's were fine.

If you tires are worn more at the edges than the middle, your tire pressure is too low which may contribute to your perceived pulsation or wobble.
Under inflation is very common and forces the tire to put more surface area on the ground to support the weight of the bike. This produces the area between the sidewalls and the tread to come in contact with the road wearing out the edges.
Motorcycle tires hold far less volume than car tires and we often neglect to check tire pressure.

Well,
A good result with Triumph. Mechanic confirmed that the discs were not worn to any extent and Triumph, after initially rejecting the claim, replaced the discs without charge as a goodwill gesture.
Zenbiker, I do a lot of motorway riding so tend to run my tyres slightly over pressure to counteract the tendency for them to square off. But you are absolutely right that I probably don't check them often enough.

Back