WANTED - Rivco Driver Floorboards

I appreciate the more than generous offer. I have come up with a set of Rivco's to try with the option to own. Thanks again though that was really a nice gesture. A LOT of nice people on here. Fred

You should check with your dealer or elsewhere for the Triumph OEM parts. They are bigger and less expensive than Rivco. After buying the boards, heal-toe shifter and foot brake you are spending just about as much as a Classic conversion. The Rivco's are alot shorter as well, you might not even be able to fit your foot comfortably within the shifter. I got a good deal by just asking for it from Gengras Triumph. I got the complete kit with lower engine bars, boards, pads, shifter, foot brake, chrome guards and brake line from them for under $400. (I paid $359 plus around $30 shipping earlier this year.)
Rivco boards are what?... $279, shifter $140, brake $49 .... That's alot to spend on aftermarket parts that don't say "Triumph".

Contact info is below, they are good folks and discount parts fairly.
Tell Justin Kelly Johannes sent you.

Justin Alger
Parts Advisor
Gengras Motorcycles
Harley-Davidson-Buell
BMW-Triumph-Ducati
221 Governor Street
East Hartford, CT. 06108
Phone: 860-727-6617
Fax: 860-528-5444
E-Mail: jalger@gengras.com

Thanks for the info, Fred

TriumPhil has the Rivco's, they came with his bike already installed. He mentioned that they were too short length wise and his boot did not fit well on them. Also the heel-toe shifter was just short enough to get his boot actually stuck in it.
I realize that they are designed to fit on the same mounts that the pegs do, and that ease of installation is attractive to some guys. But something to think about is the overall package from Triumph vs additions you might make down the road to the Rivco boards. If you got your hands on a pair for cheap, then why not give em a try (the $279 retail price is WAY too **** much money) ... if ever you get the opportunity to try out a bike with the factory Classics on it, I think you might like the roominess and layout. Just something to think over.

A couple of the classic set ups sold last winter cheap on ebay. The one I remember was both sides, rails, shifter, the whole nine yards. As I recall they went for something like $125.00 . If the Rivco's don't work out. (I've test rode it and they feel fine). I'll definitely be watching next winter. I personally don't care for heel toe shifters on anything.

Back