Viking Crossover-This ain't no Harley

I ordered a Crossover from @Paul Bryant at Christmas. Spring came late and as soon as I had the bike out of storage and cleaned up I was riding. Today I got around to installing the crossover. The hardest part of the whole job was cleaning the back wheel after taking off the bags and the pipes.

I have stated before that I just want the natural performance this bike is capable of. Today was a great step in that direction. Installing the crossover is like taking the cork out of the bottle. This crossover with the TORS is a great combination. I still have a Ramair ready to install. It may happen tomorrow if the rain continues.

Paul does a great job of manufacturing this pipe. It fits like a glove.

As I went for a test ride this afternoon I had a car in front of me and a Harley in front of the car. As we set at a light the Harley gassed the bike releasing the roar of his engine. I thought what the h@ll so I gunned the throttle. The guy on the Harley jerked his head around just looking at me. I looked at him and thought," Yup this ain't on Harley."

I ordered a Crossover from @Paul Bryant at Christmas. Spring came late and as soon as I had the bike out of storage and cleaned up I was riding. Today I got around to installing the crossover. The hardest part of the whole job was cleaning the back wheel after taking off the bags and the pipes.

I have stated before that I just want the natural performance this bike is capable of. Today was a great step in that direction. Installing the crossover is like taking the cork out of the bottle. This crossover with the TORS is a great combination. I still have a Ramair ready to install. It may happen tomorrow if the rain continues.

Paul does a great job of manufacturing this pipe. It fits like a glove.

As I went for a test ride this afternoon I had a car in front of me and a Harley in front of the car. As we set at a light the Harley gassed the bike releasing the roar of his engine. I thought what the h@ll so I gunned the throttle. The guy on the Harley jerked his head around just looking at me. I looked at him and thought," Yup this ain't on Harley."

I have a question. Does the bike need to be remapped with the addition of Paul's crossover pipe? I have the TOR's on my 2018 R3R.

I had a new map installed by Claviger upon installation of TORs and we did not remap it after installing Paul's crossover. I think it depends on what map you have now.

FWIW, i installed Tors and crossover plus i installed triple k&ns on my Roadster after about 1000kms from new and just did the 12 min tune...seemed fine. I think the 12 min tune lets the ecu recognize the changes and adapt accordingly.

FWIW, i installed Tors and crossover plus i installed triple k&ns on my Roadster after about 1000kms from new and just did the 12 min tune...seemed fine. I think the 12 min tune lets the ecu recognize the changes and adapt accordingly.

Not sure how it is with the Roadster Tal but with the Touring, the new map also lifted the secondaries. I believe it was one of HansO's tunes that Claviger moded a bit.

Yes it took me a little work to get it out also.

Planning on talking to Mr. Bryant and doing this project over the winter.

Would the 3 circled gaskets below be the only Triumph parts I would need to go with Paul's crossover and new D&D slip-ons?

Exhaust_Gaskets.PNG

Thanks!

Would the 3 circled gaskets below be the only Triumph parts I would need to go with Paul's crossover and new D&D slip-ons?

Exhaust_Gaskets.PNG

Thanks!

With a D&D pipes you eliminate the need for the crush gaskets.

Exhaust_Gaskets.PNG

Thanks!

Yes.. all 3. You probably could reuse the ones on the mufflers if you are not swapping out the mufflers. I missed ordering the one that comes off the headers and goes to the crossover. I was able to work it out with a lot of prying using a thin screwdriver a great deal of patience and some WD 40. It was not my first choice. but my bike was down and didn't want to wait for a new gasket so I could put it back together. My TORs came with new gaskets, so I have a spare set now that go with the mufflers. I may have ordered the other gasket later, but I can't recall.

Update: I have this video under another post, but this post gets a bit of attention so I think this belongs here.

Paul's crossover, TORS, and RAMAir. Plus a nice tune from this site.

Put on some headphones and turn it up.

Back