Viking Crossover-This ain't no Harley

Hi Bill,
I would have liked to see the wheels before and after - I think I have a similar issue. Mine are seriously oxidized.

+1 for Ramair - sitting on my list for improvements.

Was lucky to get out today with the trouble and strife and she is loving it, also wants to get the bike looking good.
Sorry never thought about it, but taking the bags and pipes off is easy and a must to gain access to the wheel. Brake side will bust you knuckles without brushes.

I used automotive aluminum wheel cleaner. Spray it on let it soak for a few minutes then I purchased a brush that looks like an oversized toothbrush and a baby bottle brush for cleaning the slots and hosed it off. Then wiped it with some clean rags wrapped around a sponge. If it is seriously oxidized you would have to drop the back tire to use a proper polisher on it.

Can you all believe I talked about cleaning something on the bike without saying the P word.:sneaky:

Thanks for the vid Billy. It's difficult to discern a significant difference in sound but you obviously can hear it up close.

Mine Paul Bryant crossover pipe is presently in queue and inspecting it in a few months. It reminded me that I didn't specify color, or perhaps I did. I was originally going to ask for it in silver but I think I'll go with the black.

And that Triumph stocker a real piece of rubbish.

Sorry never thought about it, but taking the bags and pipes off is easy and a must to gain access to the wheel. Brake side will bust you knuckles without brushes.

I used automotive aluminum wheel cleaner. Spray it on let it soak for a few minutes then I purchased a brush that looks like an oversized toothbrush and a baby bottle brush for cleaning the slots and hosed it off. Then wiped it with some clean rags wrapped around a sponge. If it is seriously oxidized you would have to drop the back tire to use a proper polisher on it.

Can you all believe I talked about cleaning something on the bike without saying the P word.:sneaky:
No need for pledge mine came black with a really nice hand painted stripe. Boy am really being a Snob.:roll::roll::roll:;);););););););););)

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question Bill, you are a star. I know that I will need to drop both wheels and get some outside help. Fighting the urge to do it sooner and ride versus wait for the winter. As you can see "Grace", that is what we call her, is 2 tone white on red. But we want to pick up the pin stripe and paint the wheels Gold, should look great.

Thanks for the vid Billy. It's difficult to discern a significant difference in sound but you obviously can hear it up close.

Mine Paul Bryant crossover pipe is presently in queue and inspecting it in a few months. It reminded me that I didn't specify color, or perhaps I did. I was originally going to ask for it in silver but I think I'll go with the black.

Yes, I did intend to ask you that Mike, have put a question mark on my work schedule next to color.

I went for black since my engine is black, but you really cannot see the pipe.

Silver would be a good color if there wee no choice.

If I had to describe the difference in sound I would say more defined and throatier.
It growls

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question Bill, you are a star. I know that I will need to drop both wheels and get some outside help. Fighting the urge to do it sooner and ride versus wait for the winter. As you can see "Grace", that is what we call her, is 2 tone white on red. But we want to pick up the pin stripe and paint the wheels Gold, should look great.

As much as I like to keep my bike clean. I would not miss one day of riding to do it. Even this crossover waited till a rainy day. That was the forecast anyway.

Back